Corbin Seat

Please post here reviews of products that do not fit into any of the categories above.
Forum rules
Please use this section of the forum to share your OWN PERSONAL reviews of products you have tried and tested.

Title: Please use the product name

Main Text: Please include product name, model, price and when bought, good points, bad points, recommendation. Please be factual in your review of your experiences of the product.

Examples of what to include:

Helmet - make, how comfortable it felt, how easy to fasten/unfasten, how easy to remove visor.
Tyres - make, how many miles they lasted, how confident did they make you feel when cornering, how quick did they heat up.
Luggage - type, make, how easy to fit, how much does it carry.

Include: brand name, model, price, good points and bad points and whether you would recommend this product or not.
Exclude: direct url links to shops/businesses that sell the product - all links will be removed in accordance with site rules.

Thank you in advance for the time and effort that goes into writing reviews. The information in this section will prove invaluable to everyone!
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 819 times

Re: Corbin Seat

Post by S-Westerly » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Seriously considered getting the Corbin seat for the Mutley but really can't justify the cost. Missed my chance to buy a second hand one at half the price which I would have paid. Really are quality kit.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

Bender
Has liked: 1644 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Post by Bender » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Makes no odds if folk think its over priced or whatever, it is what it is and the op worked hard for it and was well aware of the cost.
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

S-Westerly
Subscriber

Post by S-Westerly » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Absolutely. Same applies to just about anything - if an individual is willing to pay a particular price then the item in question is worth that amount. I'd have bought one but just can't justify / afford it.☹️

Marino
Bike(s): Super duke 1290 gt
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 272 times

Post by Marino » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Those are seats for people doing lot of miles and spending many hours on the bike daily.
I got airhowk years ago (not cheep), but that is the all I need .
I don’t use it daily (motorbike), and when is used it is for few hours.
Except when on the route to Croatia, but that happens once every 5 years.

Gerontious
Bike(s): Honda CRF1000D2 (DCT)
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 1213 times

Post by Gerontious » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:13 pm

I had a Corbin seat back in the mid 1990s for my 900 speed triple. it was definitely an upgrade and quite expensive.. probably comparable to today, maybe a little cheaper as it was not leather.

They are expensive because they are each one bespoke. made by hand in-house and then subject to import duty Vat and so on. They are also quite heavy and so air shipping isn't cheap.

I needed a new seat for the Africa twin as for my use... the OEM became an instrument of torture after about 150 miles.. by contrast many other owners consider the original seat to be one of the most comfy they have ever had. we are all different.

When it came to actually doing something, I went for the Sargent as they have always had a very good reputation. I got one 2nd hand sent to me from Finland. mint condition.. not even 'broken in' and despite coming from Finland (in 3 days) I saved over a £100 on a new one from their south wales distributor. I was still mocked for the price i paid though.. not that I cared. people spend all sorts of silly money on farkle. a lot of which is actually more bling than farkle. My purpose is almost exclusively about improving my ride. locally and more distant.

Have to say the OPs Corbin is rather nice.. compared to some designs i have seen. absolute monstrosities. Americans tend to make some very (by my standards) odd choices.

but mine suits me. understated and good for 300 pain free miles.
seat.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

S-Westerly
Subscriber

Post by S-Westerly » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:15 pm

manxie49 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:35 pm
raesewell wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:45 pm
OK I'm sitting down, how much?
Do you want the real price or the price I told my wife it cost :D ....... with postage it was £695
Funnily enough it's the exact same price as one for the Mutley. Ouch, as I'd kind of like one.

manxie49
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by manxie49 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:04 am

raesewell wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 pm
manxie49 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:35 pm
raesewell wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:45 pm
OK I'm sitting down, how much?
Do you want the real price or the price I told my wife it cost :D ....... with postage it was £695
I know Corbin are supposed to be the dogs danglies but I don't see 700 quids worth. I have had several seats doctored by Marty Walker at https://smartrrrs.store.buegle.com/inde ... sing/?k=:6::
He can do anything you want with a seat at a fraction of the price.
If you are happy with it that's all that counts.
Let us know what you think of it after a few months of riding.
I can't disagree, it was an expensive luxury I know, hopefully get some miles on it "and some benefit from it" when we can eventually do our postponed trip to Verbier again. hopefully no numb bum :thumb:
Last edited by manxie49 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

manxie49
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by manxie49 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 am

Bender wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm
Makes no odds if folk think its over priced or whatever, it is what it is and the op worked hard for it and was well aware of the cost.
Thats very true that mate, and I did work damned hard to pay for it, with overtime I worked twelve consecutive days with no days off. I've always been a great believer in the fact that if you want something you work for it....Thats why I hate light fingered tow rags who just seem to think they have the god given right to help themselves to other peoples property.....Lets face it, a lot of people buy motorbikes as fair weather toys, I certainly couldn't afford to do that, a bike is my transport and my hobby, if you can afford one as a pure toy though then fair play to you, get out and enjoy, that's what its all about :thumb:
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

Return to “Other Reviews”