Real Spain!

Guest Richzx6r

Very remote stuff.......this is actually the road......it's not some rural path!

That looks bloody lovely I wish could live out there!!

Very remote stuff.......this is actually the road......it's not some rural path!

You're not the only one, might have to increase my OH's life insurance :angel12:

Guest Richzx6r

You're not the only one, might have to increase my OH's life insurance :angel12:

I actually think once this Corona virus shite is over and done with that we should make it a yearly thing to get a few of us over there with [mention]XTreme[/mention] as a guide......though I know that would mean putting up with his welsh accent and stopping for a while at every sighting of a sheep

I actually think once this Corona virus shite is over and done with that we should make it a yearly thing to get a few of us over there with @XTreme as a guide......though I know that would mean putting up with his welsh accent and stopping for a while at every sighting of a sheep

The accent i don't mind, i did fancy the f**k out of Catherine Zeta Jones when she was in Darling bud's :lol:

Edited by dynax

If you guys can get over here then I can show you some interesting places.

As I've said before......no probs with accommodation.....camping here €10 a night.

Though to get any interest from this lot may prove difficult.......getting to the local car park is like circumnavigating the Road of Bones to them! :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

As I've said before......no probs with accommodation.....camping here €10 a night.

Though to get any interest from this lot may prove difficult.......getting to the local car park is like circumnavigating the Road of Bones to them! :lol:

Well theres a trip to Austria and Germany once a year I'm sure getting a few for Spain would be doable, I was going to do the trip with the lads this time around but what with losing my job and now having a baby that's kinda put paid to that this time around

Well theres a trip to Austria and Germany once a year I'm sure getting a few for Spain would be doable, I was going to do the trip with the lads this time around but what with losing my job and now having a baby that's kinda put paid to that this time around

You have never looked in to a trip to Spain then :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

I didn't say it would be cheap but just saying it should be something to look in to, have just looked at ferry crossings and seen it's around 300 quid or so for a crossing to Santander or 55 odd quid to go over to Calais, its 1260 or so miles from Calais to ride down to baza area which is doable in 3 or 4 days though that would be days of solid riding which could become abit tedious on m/ways or the other option is to stump up the Santander crossing price and ride down from there which would break it up abit but it's nearly 24 hours on the ferry from Portsmouth.

Other option is a fly ride one where we hire a bike over in spain taking all our gear over on the plane which in my view wouldnt be much fun and you wouldnt really know what bike you were getting until you got there.

So having had a small look in to it I would say its doable and there is a good amount of riding involved, I may just do it myself next year to get an idea on costs then look at doing it with others after :thumb:

I'm not in a position to do any serious touring either, one day maybe :thumb:

The only serious mileage your bikes will be doing is in the back of the recovery truck dynax! :lol:

If i was doing it i would get ferry from Hull to Rotterdam/Zeebrugge then ride into France,Spain down to Gibralter over to North Africa across to Greece, Italy, Switzerland Germany and a few other countries back to the ferry at Rotterdam/Zeebrugge and Home, it would be a once in a lifetime tour that would probably take the best part of a year as i would want to spend at least a few days at various stops and explore the region :thumb:

I didn't say it would be cheap but just saying it should be something to look in to, have just looked at ferry crossings and seen it's around 300 quid or so for a crossing to Santander or 55 odd quid to go over to Calais, its 1260 or so miles from Calais to ride down to baza area which is doable in 3 or 4 days though that would be days of solid riding which could become abit tedious on m/ways or the other option is to stump up the Santander crossing price and ride down from there which would break it up abit but it's nearly 24 hours on the ferry from Portsmouth.

Other option is a fly ride one where we hire a bike over in spain taking all our gear over on the plane which in my view wouldnt be much fun and you wouldnt really know what bike you were getting until you got there.

So having had a small look in to it I would say its doable and there is a good amount of riding involved, I may just do it myself next year to get an idea on costs then look at doing it with others after :thumb:

Where did you get £300 from? try and double that :shock: then its almost 600 miles from there so you would need an overnight stop plus the ride to Portsmouth

To me its a massive pain in the arse to get there and back

Pre-covid we had planned to go to north western Spain - Galicia and do a bit of touring and walking but as my wife absolutely won't get on the bike it would have been fly- drive. Better than nothing and one of the best steak houses in the world was in the region. Hopefully the owner hasn't succumbed to Covid.

I'm not in a position to do any serious touring either, one day maybe :thumb:

The only serious mileage your bikes will be doing is in the back of the recovery truck dynax! :lol:

If i was going to do it i would get one of these :thumb:

maxresdefault.jpg

I didnt do any booking just one of the drop down menus in Google

Everything is all added extras like the bike and cabin and its these that bump up the price

Guest Richzx6r

I didnt do any booking just one of the drop down menus in Google

Everything is all added extras like the bike and cabin and its these that bump up the price

Ahh fair enough well I think I'll have a deeper look in to if the trip is plausible using your own bike I know doing it from Calais would be doable but would need a few days off the bike once arriving at the end destination before exploring some, I'd guess would be a 3 easy ish day ride from Calais but again its just something that I'm thinking about so watch this space