VHS to Digital format - HELP

TMBF gang, a friend wants to transfer some VCR tapes to digital format. I've suggested the widget in the picture but has anyone else actually done this & how ?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

20200606_153247.thumb.jpg.17481c3633302c35a2eb0fd481512b79.jpg

I had one similar, waste of time more often than not it would not work, a simpler but cruder method is just to record it playing on a screen using a digital camera :thumb:

Same as [mention]dynax[/mention]

Most the time you get the frames going up and down, you would need professional software to correct the images both the frames and sharpening the image.

You will end up with a 340X340 resolution.

Not used that. But had reasonable results by using a DVD recorder. Transfer VHS to DVD. Then from DVD into computer if required..

Yes I've got one of these somewhere. Had it for years. Works OK but takes ages as you have to play the VHS tape at normal speed to Xfer it. I suppose that would be the case with any device.

Never done this, however a work colleague wanted to transfer his old wedding VHS to digital, I think this was the company he used? I suppose it would only be cost effective though if you just have one or two videos that need doing...https://www.digitalconverters.co.uk/product/video-to-dvd/?msclkid=cf625bf0bbdb1fbd7021052d4ecde088

If you have anything sentimental like weddings etc, i would advocate using a professional service, it's all to easy to damage the tape in a diy scenario and the results will be so much better as they will also enhance the quality :thumb:

By the time you add all what you have spent in connectors, assuming you still have a VHS player and hours trying to improve the quality. You will realise that you have saved nothing or very little.

Not to mention that you would end up with a proper professional conversion.