What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Guest Richzx6r

Regoing over all my shed plans and hoping I've got it right/ordered enough wood :oops:

Give me a shout I'm going barking mad being stuck in doors :thumb:

Replacing front fork seals.

In a somewhat primitive 'man-cave'.

More like 'man-canvas' really. :roll:

But it works...

Got a roof over my head and, more important, over my bikes' delicate parts....

Did the left one (culprit; was leaking...) yesterday... will do the right one today.

Putting on some rubber protection at the same time...

Takes my mind off the terrible weather. :lol:

8-)

Voorvork-1a.jpg

Voorvork-1b.jpg

Voorvork-2.jpg

Voorvork-3.jpg

Voorvork-4.jpg

Even got a colour co-ordinated brolly for the bike. :thumb:

Prepared and started painting up the bits up for the lathe stand I'm building.

Even though I had both garage doors wide open I had a good dose of fumes with the paint and thinners.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a bit of a ragged paint job but so long as it keeps things from rusting then it'll do!

Prepared and started painting up the bits up for the lathe stand I'm building.

Even though I had both garage doors wide open I had a good dose of fumes with the paint and thinners.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a bit of a ragged paint job but so long as it keeps things from rusting then it'll do!

When i first started working one of my jobs was to repaint the machinery when things were a little quiet, mainly used hammerite i was addicted to the smell there was something comforting about it :lol: :thumb:

When i first started working one of my jobs was to repaint the machinery when things were a little quiet, mainly used hammerite i was addicted to the smell there was something comforting about it :lol: :thumb:

I'm using Tractol for the lathe and Tekaloid for the panelling so it's a little different to Hammerite and hopefully a faaaaaar better finish given the price of the stuff!

I was planning on doing nothing, but someone at the shop forced me to buy adult-style apple juice and loaded me with chips.

There goes that diet for a day.

As it happens, after I removed the front mudguard and the fork bridge, I noticed that the bridge could do with a little TLC.

So I cleaned it, painted it with Hammerite and hung it to dry in my 'workshop'...

Looking all nice and black again...

Voorvork-brug-1.jpg.ccd0d115ef97544d2659217ad058c877.jpg

Voorvork-brug-2.jpg.da8a75bab72960302ddb957d29e4fd4c.jpg

Voorvork-brug-3.jpg.ac7e6736ce8adc4ebc9aed0240286cfd.jpg

I'm working this weekend. Waking nights, which is fine by me... Last night tonight then tomorrow get my body clock turned back to normal(ish) and perhaps have a ride out Sunday evening now the daylight is lasting well past nine.

Typical. I have to return to working today (which I am not doing, I'm procrastinating because I'm hanging) and the rain has gone away. Still, I'm too blurry to ride anyway.

Another weekend nearly here!

Tomorrow I've got to take the wife down to Albox in the car to go to the Brit supermarkets!

But Sunday.......it's the abandoned mining village!

This is how it used to be.......Iron was mined there from the late 18th century until 1968.

hjg.jpg.a0285e1c026d12180430605591f793da.jpg

What's left of it now? I'll find out on Sunday! Read it and weep you Car Park Casuals! 8-)

Looking at the weather forecast I decided to head today for a bumble along one of my favourite routes. From Oulton Park down the A49 to Whitchurch, then towards Bangor-on-Dee where I took the turn for Holt. Back through Rossett towards Chester via Eccleston where I called on a friend for a socially distanced coffee. Into Chester and back out towards Northwich. Just got home and the rain started.

IMG_20200612_112045468.thumb.jpg.1bee45878a7d4dbdad825e8fe2e84f57.jpg

IMG_20200612_115155343.thumb.jpg.31242e842f34bca13d7d98548b7188f1.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Nothing much planned!

The now usual virtual piss up Sat night :cheers:

Get out and do a Ride Report you Bloated Elvis! :lol:

You do realise its pissing with rain over here? Do you remember what that stuff that falls from the sky is :(

Guest Richzx6r

Shed building and I've been told I have to join in the big virtual quiz with all the family that I have avoided since start of lockdown :lol:

You do realise you need to know stuff about more than just fish and chips to do well in a quiz :lol:

Nothing much planned!

The now usual virtual piss up Sat night :cheers:

Get out and do a Ride Report you Bloated Elvis! :lol:

You do realise its pissing with rain over here? Do you remember what that stuff that falls from the sky is :(

I've heard it mentioned in passing! 8-)