Business idea for those that help me...

James in Brum

Video mechanic!

[mention]Richzx6r[/mention] [mention]Stu[/mention] [mention]WD-40[/mention] [mention]fastbob[/mention]

And any others who have helped me I have not mentioned.

Idea is video call mechanic. For people like me with all the practical skills of a sea anemone. A planned video call of series of them for advice, listening to the engine, watching the current stage and describing the next.

I could imagine paying an amount for a pay as you go card for x minutes of time.

E.g right now I am taking the carbs off. Never done it, happy to play and learn but could video call and show where I am at and describe what the manual says and someone helps me decode that.

Most likely calls would be in a couple of minute segments at a time.

Either that or teaching school. One week, you’d supply the cheap ER5s and we, the students, would disassemble and reassemble them under your guidance.

Any takers?

Have you considered joining the ZZR 600 Facebook group ? That's the quickest and easiest way to post videos . I could even pretend to have a ZZR and join myself . 😉

I don't think it would work because you would have to be a trained and qualified mechanic to charge people money. I'm not a mechanic. I've had no training I just fix my own problems and if I see someone with the same problem that I had in the past I tell them how I fixed it or what I would do to fix it. You have to keep in mind that the advice you get on a forum is just opinions from the general public, it's not a paid for professional service so it's all at your own risk. Once you pay a fee for a service it's a completely different.

While it is a good idea I wouldn't wan't to charge money for advice to be honest

That's the whole reason I set this place up so people can help each other for free :)

Plus as [mention]WD-40[/mention] says I do it for myself and like to pass the information on

Have you considered joining the ZZR 600 Facebook group ? That's the quickest and easiest way to post videos . I could even pretend to have a ZZR and join myself . 😉

This just pushes people away from the forum :? on to a usually a place full of bell ends who just want to slate each other! I don't know what it is with Facebook groups but most of them attract a lot of undesirables who think its funny to rip each other apart forums don't seem to have that plus a lot of information gets lost on facebook groups and is a lot harder to search for.

I was thinking most of [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] who I recall

Had had some bad luck employment wise :-)

I appreciate the free advice and I like this forum. Being in the zzr600 forum is nice but only as an adjunct to here :-)

Facebook is easy for videos and live streaming :-)

Guest Richzx6r

I don't think it would work because you would have to be a trained and qualified mechanic to charge people money. I'm not a mechanic. I've had no training I just fix my own problems and if I see someone with the same problem that I had in the past I tell them how I fixed it or what I would do to fix it. You have to keep in mind that the advice you get on a forum is just opinions from the general public, it's not a paid for professional service so it's all at your own risk. Once you pay a fee for a service it's a completely different.

I on the other hand am a fully qualified mechanic (car) but I would help via video but don't think I would want money off people off here as its not the done thing

Guest Richzx6r

I was thinking most of @Richzx6r who I recall

Had had some bad luck employment wise :-)

I appreciate the free advice and I like this forum. Being in the zzr600 forum is nice but only as an adjunct to here :-)

Facebook is easy for videos and live streaming :-)

With your carbs I'd be happy to video call you through rebuilding them or helping with any problems and it would of course be free non obligated advice :thumb:

While it is a good idea I wouldn't wan't to charge money for advice to be honest

That's the whole reason I set this place up so people can help each other for free :)

Plus as @WD-40 says I do it for myself and like to pass the information on

This just pushes people away from the forum :? on to a usually a place full of bell ends who just want to slate each other! I don't know what it is with Facebook groups but most of them attract a lot of undesirables who think its funny to rip each other apart forums don't seem to have that plus a lot of information gets lost on facebook groups and is a lot harder to search for.

That is not my experience Stu .

Thanks fella, I’ll take you up on that if I need but this thread really is because it occurred to me I would pay for mechanic video support (in genera not just this case) and therefore so might others and someone could make none :-)

Guest Richzx6r

Thanks fella, I’ll take you up on that if I need but this thread really is because it occurred to me I would pay for mechanic video support (in genera not just this case) and therefore so might others and someone could make none :-)

It sounds like a good idea on paper but the legalities and lack of knowledge about how to go about it are the problems

Guest Richzx6r

I shall forward you my number through pm should you need it :thumb:

I shall forward you my number through pm should you need it :thumb:

Thank you. :-)

I think it's pretty much why youtube is popular, most procedures are on there somewhere.

If you want to give it ago I was trained on hgv;s if anyone has a problem with a scania 3 series gimme a shout.

Things I recommend, the v8 14ltr is particularly grunty

Things I don't recommend, dropping a starter on your chest, the lad that did it definitely didn't like it.

Guest Richzx6r

I think it's pretty much why youtube is popular, most procedures are on there somewhere.

If you want to give it ago I was trained on hgv;s if anyone has a problem with a scania 3 series gimme a shout.

Things I don't recommend, dropping a starter on your chest, the lad that did it definitely didn't like it.

What you like with jag x-type?

What you like with jag x-type?

I've welded a few sills and told folk they should have bought the mondeo that's about my experience with them.

Guest Richzx6r

The sister in law only charges £1.50 a minute if anyone wants to ring her :thumb:

She knows feck all about bikes though

Got a nice set of headlights :thumb:

The sister in law only charges £1.50 a minute if anyone wants to ring her :thumb:

She knows feck all about bikes though

Got a nice set of headlights :thumb:

Cans*

*Eyes :D