Euro noise restrictions on way

Bender

I can see why it would be required, we live not too far from a dual carriageway heading out of town, I would gladly have one put there, the noise directly next to that road from bikes doing 90 by the time they hit the 50 sign must be horrendous, we have 3 rows of houses between us and the road and we can hear them in the house with the windows closed.

During the day its not as noticeable but when the sun shines it starts a 6 in the morning.

We have some little twerp who works on a local farm and gets there on a small bike - with virtually no exhaust baffling at all. 6.20am every single morning he climbs the hill outside our house giving it all the beans he can just to get up the hill. One day I'll be waiting for him. For the time being I just can't be bothered getting up that early.

Presumably these are directional microphones, perhaps the different "nodes" are focused on a part of each lane of the road? If it also records the noise so it can be verified as an obnoxious exhaust then I can see how they could hand out fines with it.

What I don't understand is why it's not for cars, they are the loudest vehicles that go past here?? My hearing has been assaulted by many more disgusting hatchbacks than bikes.

This looks like one of those antii-EU shock pieces that circulated before brexit.

from the Vehicle Certification Agency web site:-

"The European Community noise limits applicable to new motorcycles first used from 1 April 1991 are: Motorcycle Category by cm3Limits in dB(A

Up to and including 80cc 77db

Between 80 and 175cc (incl.) 79 db

Above 175cc 82db "

As far back as 1970 the limit for ANY motor vehicle is 91db

In effect; 95db is LOUD

There may be other regulations but I don't have all day. However:- The Kawi site says that it meets the spec. If you stick a pipe on it and decide to go through someone's beauty spot at full bore ......

What I don't understand is why it's not for cars,
Motorcyclists have been giving themselves a bad rep ....forever. One of the ways they have done that is to consistently fitting loud pipes for no particular purpose than to be loud. It helps their ego. Now the public has come to expect all bikes to be annoying. Most people drive cars and therefore expect most cars to be .... normal (or nominal?). Only some arrogant drivers have loud cars.

I doesn't matter if you are a really nice guy with a bike within nominal specs. You are on the radar now. This is how bigotry works.

I got mivv exhaust it is certified euro 4 with dB killer of course. It is not louder than stock one just looks better. Got also certificate with it, but who knows if some badass stop me and take measurements may go over, who knows.