What music have you been listening to recently?

Guest Legatron

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLrq2sEOHPk

I've never been keen on Dickinson era Maiden with faux-operatics and an annoyingly high pitched guitars but the earlier Di'Anno stuff is quite good. A lot more honest, and that may be why it has aged better..

This definitely won't be for everybody's taste and I would be very surprised if most here would like it. :)

But you have to appreciate that is different and is far more than an instrument, according to Koto Master Tokiko Kimura is also a culture ( as pretty much everything in Japan ;) )

This definitely won't be for everybody's taste and I would be very surprised if most here would like it. :)......

And that's exactly why these threads are so nice; you get acquainted with music that you would normally never hear.

And like (some of) it ! :thumb:

Next :

Joe Bonamassa & Larkin Poe - Spoonful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0dvZkSm7o

I went through a radio phase when I was 13/14 and John Peel played The Donnas (probably Take It Off, can't remember) and it stood out a mile against the rest of the dross. ~19 years later and I still think they were great, not clever or even classy but they got it right. Well, at least in the early years before they calmed down and got quieter..

One of the most beautiful Fado songs by one of the best voices Portugal ever.

About a very Portuguese feeling called Saudade.

Usually translated to English as nostalgia but hardly reflecting the feeling behind it.

I don't expect you to have the goosebumps as any (proud) Portuguese would have but hope you appreciate it :)