What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Bloody hell mate.....how much security you got :shock: would be easier to break someone out of jail than nick you bike by the sound of it

Planning on adding a garage defender and a camera too :lol:

Why not add a lion pride to the list you can't have too much now :P

Bengal Tiger, bigger than your average African lion :thumb:

Bloody hell mate.....how much security you got :shock: would be easier to break someone out of jail than nick you bike by the sound of it

Planning on adding a garage defender and a camera too :lol:

Why not add a lion pride to the list you can't have too much now :P

9640352.jpg.1d40f6456c7bb60858ddc25a6d6bba77.jpg

IMG_20200606_124749_902.thumb.jpg.5c403882027ecdbefc415c8bf118742c.jpgIMG_20200606_124749_903.thumb.jpg.8ad120cedcd696d7845aa40a12952d3e.jpg

20200606_123857.thumb.jpg.8e0f19f283eaf00315c57e44d04db58c.jpg

Fitted a £20 double bubble dark smoke by racescreens. Mine has a rough cut visible - might take a blow torch to it to try and smooth it out? Not the end of the world - it's perfect other than that and saves me £60 over a zero gravity or puig.

Guest Richzx6r

Nothing to the bike but fitted new carb to the lawnmower and it now runs.....n f**k me its loud......now just need to work out what to do about the throttle linkage as the old car is completely different from the last one so need to bodge the bodge of my bodge :thumb:

Nothing to the bike but fitted new carb to the lawnmower and it now runs.....n f**k me its loud......now just need to work out what to do about the throttle linkage as the old car is completely different from the last one so need to bodge the bodge of my bodge :thumb:

I had put the linkage on the wrong way when I did mother-in-laws mower. The governor wasn't governing and it was revving like fook!

Guest Richzx6r

I had put the linkage on the wrong way when I did mother-in-laws mower. The governor wasn't governing and it was revving like fook!

It's not revving much as all just on tick over as when I manually move the throttle on the carb it picks up revs but I will try and make bodge it so the throttle controls both butterfly on carb and the guv'nor

Got it serviced, some recalls done and new brake pads and a £500 bill :crybaby: , then got soaked on the way home.

Dealer: :twisted: bend over

Hitcher: :booty: fine, go on then.

:lol: This is the last time it will be going to a main dealer, warranty runs out next year!.

Got it serviced, some recalls done and new brake pads and a £500 bill :crybaby: , then got soaked on the way home.

:lol: This is the last time it will be going to a main dealer, warranty runs out next year!.

Most warranties don't stipulate main deal I don't t think FYI

This is true!

The law changed a fair few years ago

It just needs to be a VAT registered company and genuine parts

This is true!

The law changed a fair few years ago

It just needs to be a VAT registered company and genuine parts

I know about this but as it's a new model its needed a few recalls and warranty issues so far smoother and faster to get done at a main dealer, as soon as its out of warranty and more indys start to see them I'm taking it to one of them, not paying main dealer prices anymore!.

:stupid: I have similar issues. No recalls though but one more service (9000 miles) at dealer's and then independents as it's out of warranty this July.

You’ve got a Multi if I remember right?. It’s not a bike I think I’d buy just yet but was looking through the brochure while I was waiting about on Saturday and really can see the appeal, they’ve got much more stuff on them than my bike does and look like you could ride one all day, I’d really like to have a go on a 1260 one!.

I've got the 950 and if I could afford it I'd go up to the 950S. The 1260 is awesome but for what I want to actually do is a bit over the top. As it is on my 950 I've done 500 mile days with nothing more than a slightly numb bum. It is a very comfy bike and touch wood very reliable for me.

I love the idea of the Multistrada 950S. On paper, it's the ideal bike for me.

My brother and I took out a 950S and a 1200 a couple of years ago and swapped back and forth. The 950 was better, but it didn't really do it for me. That was a two hour ride, mostly in urban areas.

I found when I went to a BMW that I really needed a test ride lasting a weekend before I began to appreciate how it all worked and why it suited me. Maybe it's the same going to a Ducati.

In urban areas it's not the best although as I got used to it I found it easier. I bought it from a central London dealer in Vauxhall and as I picked my way out of London I was thinking WHY DID I BUY THIS?! By the time I'd ridden home to Gloucestershire via lots of good B roads I was loving it and still do. For me it's a perfect bike. I can easily get away from my mate on his goldwing and can keep up with my son in law on his K1300 except when he's being really naughty on a motorway. I don't need a chiropractor when we get where we are going.

[mention]gogs01[/mention] [mention]S-Westerly[/mention]

I tried out the 1200 a couple of years ago, and didn't really take to it; it was just too big for my liking, and didn't feel at home on small roads. Then last year I took out the 950S. What a great bike :D I guess it just suited me well - not too tall, it felt light and easy to tuck into corners, but big enough to feel stable and comfy on the motorway too. But I really wanted cruise control (so no to the 950) but I couldn't really afford it (or the eye-watering service costs) so head ruled over heart and I got the Tiger instead.

In urban areas it's not the best although as I got used to it I found it easier. I bought it from a central London dealer in Vauxhall and as I picked my way out of London I was thinking WHY DID I BUY THIS?! By the time I'd ridden home to Gloucestershire via lots of good B roads I was loving it and still do. For me it's a perfect bike. I can easily get away from my mate on his goldwing and can keep up with my son in law on his K1300 except when he's being really naughty on a motorway. I don't need a chiropractor when we get where we are going.

One of the reasons I was attracted to the 950 was it's relatively light weight - it's 50 kg lighter than my RT, which I struggle to manhandle. Fine when moving, but I'm getting too old to push 274 kg of bike around and, if it ever fell over .....

The seat height is a little higher than I would like although, again, once on the bike I can flat-foot, so it's only getting on the thing that isn't as easy as I would like - the height of the pillion seat doesn't help.

The spec sheet suggests that fuel economy should be about 50mpg (5.5l /100km) - is that realistic ? How close to 200 miles is a normal tank range ?

I'm probably going to change within a year and the Multistrada is on my radar (subject to a longer test ride), but I might go down to the extreme - Yamaha 700 Tracer - now that's light ! :D

@gogs01 @S-Westerly

I tried out the 1200 a couple of years ago, and didn't really take to it; it was just too big for my liking, and didn't feel at home on small roads. Then last year I took out the 950S. What a great bike :D I guess it just suited me well - not too tall, it felt light and easy to tuck into corners, but big enough to feel stable and comfy on the motorway too. But I really wanted cruise control (so no to the 950) but I couldn't really afford it (or the eye-watering service costs) so head ruled over heart and I got the Tiger instead.

Funnily enough I had the exact opposite experience. I found the Tiger just massive no idea why as it's pretty much similar in dimensions to the Mutley. As to cruise control the 950S has it but I only wish I had it on the odd occasion I do long motorway miles. The servicing costs are not cheap but apart from the 18k ones not that horrifying.