Lexmoto Milano

Hi All,

Just got a cheap and cheerful Lexmoto Milano to get to and from the station. Looks absolutely class and runs fine, but is very slow. It’s a 125 and top Wack down hill your getting 50 which is ridiculous compared to what I’m used too. Has anyone done any work on these and/or tuned them? Looking for any tips..

(Buying a better bike is not a tip.. thought I’d say it before anyone else does)

The Lexmotos all have clones of various old Japanese air cooled 125s, and generally with more relaxed tolerances. As a result, there isn't really much you can do to get more out of them - that's as good as it gets! In theory you could change the gearing a little, but the very limited torque doesn't really give you a lot of wiggle room there.

I know it's not exactly the answer you were hoping to hear, but honestly the engines in these are already doing pretty much as much as you can hope for! We did have a forum member a ways back who kept trying to boost the performance of Chinese 125s, but he mostly just blew them up spectacularly :lol:

I've just looked at the specs on Lexmotos site for your bike. You might be out of luck getting more out of it :cry: Without coming round to punch me in the nose, how much do you weigh? :lol: I'm around 92kg so can't wring too much top speed from little engines!! I was impressed at getting an (indicated) 80mph from my old v-twin Intruder 125 (down a really long hill mind you :oops: )

General information

Model: Lexmoto Milano 125

Year: 2016

Category: Scooter

Engine and transmission

Displacement: 125.0 ccm (7.63 cubic inches)

Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke

Power: 6.7 HP (4.9 kW)) @ 7500 RPM

Torque: 7.0 Nm (0.7 kgf-m or 5.2 ft.lbs) @ 7 RPM

Top speed: 85.0 km/h (52.8 mph)

Compression: 9.0:1

Bore x stroke: 52.4 x 57.8 mm (2.1 x 2.3 inches)

Fuel system: Carburettor

Ignition: CDI

Cooling system: Air

Gearbox: Automatic

Transmission type,

final drive: Belt

Driveline: Twist and go

Emission details: Euro 3

You might get a couple more miles an hour by fitting a quality variator. Something like a Polini, or Malossi.

It would also keep the engine at a more consistent revs.

But nothing amazing I'm afraid.

• 3 years later...
On 10/06/2020 at 17:04, bud said:

You might get a couple more miles an hour by fitting a quality variator. Something like a Polini, or Malossi.

It would also keep the engine at a more consistent revs.

But nothing amazing I'm afraid.

Thought it read vibrator at first!!!😳🤣.

anyway as rant but tiggie says you're not gonna get more out especially with the cvt transmission.

wife has a honda 125 cbf with air cooled 8bhp manual, would max out to the rev limiter at about 60-65 off memory so real speed knock a few mph off as indicated but willing to pull more, i changed the front sprocket one tooth up just so it wasnt pinging its face off on the flat let alone down hill.

now the mid range 😂 is a touch slower but it gains easy over 10mph (as its capable to pull it) and just avoids the limiter down hill on the motorway..🚔prison.

but with the cvt you'll struggle to do that easily..

youll just have to put up with it, look for something else or possibly if license and money allowed upgrade.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Haha 1