When do you install pinlock if you bother.

jedibiker

Hey, the new lid came with a pinlock, which I know work great in cool weather, rain etc. But I must admit I can't help think the 2nd layer of visor will effect vision or seem distorted. does anyone install and use pinlock year-round or save for colder weather. Watching how to install also worried me as I can see me snapping visor lol

I have a pinlock on my Nolan and never remove it.

I don't notice any abnormal distortion stronger than what you get on the normal visors.

I think you just need to get used to it, like when you get new varifocals ;)

+1 for pinlock all year round.

When I fitting, I put a tea towel on the kitchen table first, and the stretch the visor out with the towel underneath, to stop it getting scratched.

Forgot to mention.

If you fit and remove it often you risk to having the fixing to become loose and tending to come off.

Better to fit it and leave it there. ;)

Not recommended removal definitely, except if you have proper protection for that pinlock. It works in the way to absorb the moisture, so keep it on, as well in the summer fogging of the visor is possible.

Regarding mounting, no worries visor is extremely flexible, just careful don’t scratch it.

As well cleaning visor with pinlock only from outside don’t wet the pinlock.

Not recommended removal definitely, except if you have proper protection for that pinlock. It works in the way to absorb the moisture, so keep it on, as well in the summer fogging of the visor is possible.

Regarding mounting, no worries visor is extremely flexible, just careful don’t scratch it.

Pin locks can be cleaned using liquid soap and water.

See here.

https://pinlock.com/faq/how-do-i-clean-my-pinlock-lens/

Don't waste your time.

A spit on it and clean with a microfire cloth.

spit prevents fogging ;)

that old fairy tale doesn't work. ha. on my old lid, I tried many tricks but it fogged bad in winter. this new one is ok at the min in nice weather but ive put the pinlock on as it came with one anyway. :)

Pin locks can be cleaned using liquid soap and water.

See here.

https://pinlock.com/faq/how-do-i-clean-my-pinlock-lens/

I did it once following their Pinlock cleaning procedure and it newer worked good again.

Maybe faulty pinlock who knows but I never did it again, just clean dry microfibre.

I left mine in all the time. It fell out on a local motorway recently which was interesting. I’m not putting the replacement in until the autumn. I do find the visor clearer without it, but I’m guessing mine was suffering from surface degradation. I was very careful cleaning it but they seem to be quite soft and prone to very fine scratching.

I left mine in all the time. It fell out on a local motorway recently which was interesting. I’m not putting the replacement in until the autumn. I do find the visor clearer without it, but I’m guessing mine was suffering from surface degradation. I was very careful cleaning it but they seem to be quite soft and prone to very fine scratching.

if it seems less clear to me il take it out and save it until ride in crap weather. the seal of it does take up some of the visor space/vision.

Taking it in and out will damage the seal and ultimately render it useless. The seal - in my experience - is not really an issue when riding unless you have a small narrow visor? My approach is fit and forget.

Taking it in and out will damage the seal and ultimately render it useless. The seal - in my experience - is not really an issue when riding unless you have a small narrow visor? My approach is fit and forget.

got a decent wide view visor. better without pinlock but its in now so wll see how the next ride goes