New (to me) front end.

James in Brum

Not for now but I shall be back once I have finished the Carbs and the brakes to ask about servicing forks.

Back when that silly Tit drove into me and bent something on my front end there was a full forks and yolk and stuff set on EBay. It was 135 all in describing itself as straight and in good nick.

It’s stayed up for say for all that time, I decided to offer a hundred pounds posted when I was buying all the bits for Carbs, front and rear brakes. They accepted! It arrived today, I decided it was my version of a bunch of flowers for our anniversary:-)

I plan to service it at some point after the other jobs, new oil, seals and bearings for the head race (or something like that) and then fit It all to my bike. Then I will disassemble the current forks and work out where the slight bend it and maybe flog the rest.

If all this works I shall be pleased.

Sounds like a plan.

Service the new stuff before removing whats on yours.

It may be worth having your front end straightened and then sell it to recoup some of your costs.

Dont forget to check again and again that the new stuff is really straight lol.

Good luck.

Cheers

Ian