What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Well good thinking. I doubt bike policy will budge much, Footman James never seem bothered. Car would go up £25... Hmm over 5 years I suppose maybe about a hundred or something.

Rough cost for parts so far I reckon is about £570 without any sanding and painting. But then replacement gear will eclipse that slightly... Plus 260 for more boots (I'm quite peeved about the new speed hole) and some new non shredded waddyproof trouse. Or maybe the boots can be repaired but goretex lining... And then Helmet... I mean it seems fine, few grazes on it but feels like the done thing is to distrust it following a bump. Bah. Hmmm. I'll see what she says to £1100 which is being nice really because I hate sanding and painting, and glueing. I reckon insurance job..

When listed out it almost feels like I'm taking the piss but I didn't appear out of nowhere on purpose

Well good thinking. I doubt bike policy will budge much, Footman James never seem bothered. Car would go up £25... Hmm over 5 years I suppose maybe about a hundred or something.

Rough cost for parts so far I reckon is about £570 without any sanding and painting. But then replacement gear will eclipse that slightly... Plus 260 for more boots (I'm quite peeved about the new speed hole) and some new non shredded waddyproof trouse. Or maybe the boots can be repaired but goretex lining... And then Helmet... I mean it seems fine, few grazes on it but feels like the done thing is to distrust it following a bump. Bah. Hmmm. I'll see what she says to £1100 which is being nice really because I hate sanding and painting, and glueing. I reckon insurance job..

When listed out it almost feels like I'm taking the piss but I didn't appear out of nowhere on purpose

If you’ve notified the insurance already then they aren’t bothered if you claim or not they know you’ve Been in an accident and will treat you accordingly.

I would just go through and let them sort it all out, you should get the money back for your track day too as out of pocket expenses.

20200613_132844.thumb.jpg.a13e1a79770294ba4c1c5d3d3b1cb58e.jpg20200613_132829_001.thumb.jpg.d66ef5f94ccff23738ea9d83d3e99100.jpg

Adjusted ride height by flipping the chain adjusters and adjusted shock lengths as much as I dare and she seems back to normal.

Also got rid of the standard radiator shrouds.

Right it must be beer O'clock.

Cheers

Ian

@Ian Frog Love the look of that bike, looks like a real motorbike if you get what I mean :lol:

I do get you actually.

I have previous with big Kawasaki Eddie Lawson lookalikes lol.

The photos in the garage might prove it lol.

20200613_150335.thumb.jpg.127838ab0a7e612cbde6da8f24555c82.jpg

Actually the Z100j was my first proper restoration 32years ago!!fook where did the time go?

Cheers

Ian

Its a lovely looking bike [mention]Ian Frog[/mention] . Thanks for the offer. Fingers crossed i get somethong to put on it tomorrow....my friend is hard to get hold of 😒 i need the keys and stuff and shes not answering her phone 😩

Keys aren't the first priority really.

There are a lot of things to check before you push that button and many straightforward restorations have been complicated by trying to start too early! Understandable but good practice to curb your impatience lol.

Good luck tomorrow 😁

Guest Richzx6r

Its a lovely looking bike @Ian Frog . Thanks for the offer. Fingers crossed i get somethong to put on it tomorrow....my friend is hard to get hold of 😒 i need the keys and stuff and shes not answering her phone 😩

She may have just gone away for the weekend :thumb:

There are a lot of things to check before you push that button and many straightforward restorations have been complicated by trying to start too early! Understandable but good practice to curb your impatience lol.

Good luck tomorrow 😁

Its the keys to get in her house 🤣 shes not there atm.

Good luck tomorrow 😁

Ah I see the problem !

Have you considered breaking and entering?

Maybe her ex-hubby will be in and kindly disposed to our quest ! (I know F.all chance lol).

Still wish you best of luck.

Cheers

Ian

Maybe her ex-hubby will be in and kindly disposed to our quest ! (I know F.all chance lol).

Should say YOUR ! quest.

If things get violent I am miles away and happy to keep it that way.

Oh and for the record that was a genuine typo ! Lol

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

Good luck tomorrow 😁

See [mention]Ian Frog[/mention] I wasn't winding anyone up :roll: