EXCITED MUCH !!!!

gymwitch

it looks a straight..ish bike @gymwitch should pull together nicely :thumb:

Straight-ish ?? What can you see???

Yeah we are family now [mention]dynax[/mention] said so 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Petrol tank is off. That wasn't easy without the key to get the seat off, to then take the back fairings off....only skewered my finger once with the screw driver. 😩 cant get the fuel out of it though and i would have thought there would be some connection to the fuel indicator ??

Have you bought or downloaded the manual yet?

If the answer is no you will have contributed to your new SPANK account!

I am fairly sure if there is a fuel guage it would be connected to the tank lol.

Cheers

Ian

it looks a straight..ish bike @gymwitch should pull together nicely :thumb:

Straight-ish ?? What can you see???

Yeah we are family now @dynax said so 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

mean it looks ok , not that its bent or anything.

Guest Richzx6r

Of course ive downloaded the manual...... :oops:

Okay so i havent but i have done this....IMG-20200614-WA0004.jpegIMG-20200614-WA0006.jpeg

So is this going to be a full nut and bolt restoration or what?

Do you know why it was laid up in the first place?

I am still interested in how much compression you have if you are turning wheel in gear.

Looks like a good start and I wish I had found it lol.

Cheers

Ian

I am still interested in how much compression you have if you are turning wheel in gear.

Cheers

Ian

I dont think she liked it. She loved her first bike but found the tank on this too wide and said she was practically lying on the tank. She's 5ft 10 and im only 5ft 3 😳

Okay so i havent but i have done this....IMG-20200614-WA0004.jpegIMG-20200614-WA0006.jpeg

I have no idea what im doing 😁 my plan was get all the plastics off. Get petrol tank off and have a gander at it. Have a butchers at carbs but some feckin a hole has chewed up the screws. Im struggling now and language is getting foul. 😁

Im oretty sure all the rubber hoses will need replacing. Theres a fair bit of rust on the head stock. Id like to get that sorted.

Its dry as a bone and electrics look good....not that i know what im looking at but all the wires are clean and connectors are good and dry.🤷‍♀️

Guest Richzx6r

I have no idea what im doing 😁 my plan was get all the plastics off. Get petrol tank off and have a gander at it. Have a butchers at carbs but some feckin a hole has chewed up the screws. Im struggling now and language is getting foul. 😁

Im oretty sure all the rubber hoses will need replacing. Theres a fair bit of rust on the head stock. Id like to get that sorted.

Its dry as a bone and electrics look good....not that i know what im looking at but all the wires are clean and connectors are good and dry.🤷‍♀️

Well that's a good start with the electrics on the surface looking like they are ok, if they are really chewed up then they may need drilling out but hopefully it doesn't come to that

Cheers

Ian

I dont think she liked it. She loved her first bike but found the tank on this too wide and said she was practically lying on the tank. She's 5ft 10 and im only 5ft 3 😳

If she was 5ft 10inch I would be prepared to bet she found it a bit small and cramped you sound a bit closer to the right length!

I am so nervous commenting on female sizes as from experience it normally ends up with blood loss and nights spent sleeping in the garage 🤭

I suppose i should start a restoration thread in the relevant place on the forum.

I will do that.

Just ask @Stu to move this one, keep the whole story in one place?

You will find people will get bored after a few pages and not get to the restoration part :)

Probably best to start a new thread then link to this one from the new one :D

[mention]James in Brum[/mention] great idea linking from here too. I wouldnt have done that 🙂

Thanks everyone for all your input its made the day so much more exciting and obviously easier as i simply would not have known where to begin !!

Ive done a new thread about the restoration

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=72831

Im also going to do a vlog about it on youtube. Ill post that when ive edited out the swearing today 😬