EXCITED MUCH !!!!

gymwitch

Guest Richzx6r

@James in Brum great idea linking from here too. I wouldnt have done that 🙂

Thanks everyone for all your input its made the day so much more exciting and obviously easier as i simply would not have known where to begin !!

Ive done a new thread about the restoration

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=72831

Im also going to do a vlog about it on youtube. Ill post that when ive edited out the swearing today 😬

Sounds good gym, look forward to the journey and seeing how it ends up

Hi [mention]gymwitch[/mention] , you've done a good job today, sorry only just got time to post, it looks like a totally unmolested CBR, all the bits look correct, stock pipes and even the rear footrest are still attached :), try and keep all the fuel hoses, they look okay from the photo's, because of the shape its very hard to make new ones, have tried to read as much as i can, did you say you could turn wheel round when in gear! you shouldn't be able to, compression should be to much!

But looking good, one thing i always say and tell other people, the front fork stanchions, always make sure before moving bike around to much if there's any rust on legs, wet and dry with fine 1200 grade, otherwise the rust will cut the seals and add to your list and cost.

Has your friend lost the Key or is she looking for it?

[mention]oldgrump[/mention] that makes sense about the forks thanks !!!!

No she has the keys but she isnt living at the house atm. She has just texted me and said she will get them. She is a bit unreliable though so that could take ages 😁

What might that mean being able to turn the wheel?? Is that going to be something major??

Guest Richzx6r

@oldgrump that makes sense about the forks thanks !!!!

No she has the keys but she isnt living at the house atm. She has just texted me and said she will get them. She is a bit unreliable though so that could take ages 😁

What might that mean being able to turn the wheel?? Is that going to be something major??

It could mean an engine rebuild or at very least piston rings replaced/valves lapped in

Hi[mention]gymwitch[/mention] , okay so if you put it in gear, say first gear, with out touching the clutch lever can you turn the rear wheel?

And if you can? what happens when you pull the clutch lever in?

And i maybe wrong but can't see that there could be that amount of engine damage to such a low mileage bike, probably just the clutch arm, or cable jammed up, something really stupid.

If you can post a video. might help.