The mod gig!

Stu

Believe it or not I used to work in I.T. approx 20 years ago and I have half a ccna :lol:

Back in the dark days of Windows M.E. on desktops :shock:

That was dire!

98SE was reasonably solid, then they launched that to capitalise on the new Millennium.

2000 was the best for me :lol:

I worked for a small company in Cornwall providing I.T. equipment and support to Schools. My job was to build and install software on machines and do phone support. 98 was what was installed on most of the desktops with NT for the servers :shock:

They had no bloody mobile phone signal thats for certain!! If you didn't have orange (EE) you were pretty much shit out of luck. They didn't even have a pizza hut anywhere in cornwall either :shock: :shock:

Vista was horrible. 7 was actually the last Windows os I used and i liked that. Bounced around with different linux distros before buying a mac. That was 5 years ago and it still does what I need.

My tech days are long behind me now, There was a time I thought it would be my career but the thought of working in front of a monitor all day now gives me a headache :cry:

Windows me was great

Stick to Boilers!

The only thing worse than ME was Vista!

Your just old and forgetful, win 95,98,98se,M.E were all dos based, me was the end of the line, it was just re badged 98se with more of the known issues fixed and some new features added, vista switched to nt, and was a mess, 2000 had them back on track.

I used to build pc's and had the least issues with 98se and Me, I still have pool discs for most of the early versions, I escaped all that mid vista.

I still miss my old Amstrad 6128. It brassed off everyone who'd just bought the 664 which was the disc upgrade of the 464 that was tape based.

When the 664 was launched people hesitated to buy it because rumours were around of the awesome capacity of the mythical 6128 about to be launched. But Amstrad denied the rumours, sold a load of 664s, ran the stock down and then unveiled the 6128.

Now we are talking! I used to have an atari ST. Always wanted an Amiga like my cousin had :)

We had one! me and [mention]JRH[/mention] must have spent literal days playing Pinball Dreams

My first computer was one of these. in 1980!!!

Video_Genie_Artificially_Colourised.jpg.78f28e045158b0161e7e466facb490f4.jpg

My mum thought that computers were the future and learning to use one might be... useful. so it was my 18th birthday and I got this and a Kawasaki KH250 (which i bought myself)

My first computer was one of these. in 1980!!!

Video_Genie_Artificially_Colourised.jpg

My mum thought that computers were the future and learning to use one might be... useful. so it was my 18th birthday and I got this and a Kawasaki KH250 (which i bought myself)

Tandy clone I belive.

Started with zx81 with touch insensitive keypad and a 16k ram pack ohhhh the joy.

@Bender We appear to of steered this thread far away from its original topic. Thats not a good first day for us :shock: :shock:

Yeah what ya gonna do 😂.

Thats the thing about this place, you never know where a thread is going to end up and that's not a bad thing.

Well it depends. Drifting by design is something we often get told to do usually well offshore when the oil price is volatile. Unplanned drifting close to land with no engine is a very bad thing and usually ends in tears and if you're really lucky on CNN with Greenpeace wanting to do nasty things to you.

Your just old and forgetful, win 95,98,98se,M.E were all dos based, me was the end of the line, it was just re badged 98se with more of the known issues fixed and some new features added, vista switched to nt, and was a mess, 2000 had them back on track.

I used to build pc's and had the least issues with 98se and Me, I still have pool discs for most of the early versions, I escaped all that mid vista.

Horace Goes Skiing on the Spectrum 48K was the pinnacle of computer development!

It was all downhill after that.

Can I raise an important issue with the powers that be regarding a serious omission in this whole process. We have seen a major expansion of authority and influence without any mention of biscuits.

I do feel there are certain traditions which ought to be observed. People's preference for flour based baked food products is obviously far more relevant than which computer they destroyed aliens life forms on when they were a teenager.