Getting a 125 bike..

Cmcd95

Hi there,

New to the forum so this will be my first post.

I have previously done my CBT years ago, but never ended up buying a bike due to work commitments.

I am now looking at getting my CBT as soon as reasonably possible with COVID-19.

I’ll be getting my CBT for spare time riding and enjoying the roads.

Not for commuting so I’m stuck between two bikes!

I’m stuck between a;

Lexmoto LXR 125 / LXR SE 125

Or

KTM RC 125

The lexmotos are sitting around 2.1k & 2.5k And ktm is coming in at 3k. All brand new 2020 models.

Looking for any opinions/help or advice would be great thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Get the KTM and you will make your money back everytime when selling. Get the Lexmoto and you will struggle to sell it for £500 :thumb:

Plus the KTM is a far better machine all round in every aspect

I had a Lexmoto.

• The carb was crap

• The tyres were crap

• The paint was crap

• The metal was crap

• The electrics were especially crap

• The warranty was useless

• The dealership was hopeless

Still had fun with it, but definitely would have had a lot more fun if I'd bought something that didn't have to be taken for the dealer for a dubious warranty repair or service literally every weekend. Seriously, the service intervals on those things are absolutely tiny and you can see why when you see how often they break down. And as Tiggie said, resale will be pants. If you're really lucky someone will just run it off the road and you'll get a decent insurance payout like I did, otherwise you're going to be selling it for 1/5th of what you paid for it.

Get the KTM, have awesome fun, never look back!

Tiggie: Thanks :thumb: Sounds like a plan, was just tempted by the lexmoto with the looks!

But makes sense for an investment for the future sale.

XTreme: what can I say? The looks of the lexmoto and price for parts was blurring my vision haha

Rantmachine: thanks for advice, i had seen mixed reviews of people with minor problems to loads of problems!

I had read a lot of stick about it being a Chinese manufacture, But seen lots of people saying they had came a long way in recent years..

Thanks for the all the replies :D

"I had read a lot of stick about it being a Chinese manufacture, But seen lots of people saying they had came a long way in recent years.."

Yes China certainly has come a long way in recent years mostly by trying to kill the rest of the planet with their dubious food markets and eating habits. :scratch:

Oh and they still make shit bikes to.

Honestly that "they've come a long way in recent years" line gets used all the time, it's rarely backed with any proof, and none of said proof ever applies to Lexmoto who are a cut price cut throat bunch of cowboys :lol:

Hello and Welcome :D

Personally I wouldn't buy any new 125!

I'd buy the cheapest second hand Jap 125 I could find and save the money

for a bigger bike later.

If you must then the KTM :D

I second this. If it's not for commuting then you'll soon grow out of a 125 and want something bigger. A second hand Jap bike will not lose you any money.

Lexmoto-LXR125-Black-Front-Left.jpg.cf20f4f86c033c6b01d4112f88e0ab5a.jpg

That lexmoto looks good actually! Only makes 11.7 out of the max allowed 15bhp though.

Ktm makes 14.3. Only reason I'd go Chinese is if it was waaaay cheaper. So, don't.

KTM-RC125-Fully-Faired-Sports-Bike-Launched-At-Rs-1.47-Lakh-in-India-2.png.3f6ea0db35e0258fe60970f1d1aeb35c.png

Preowned Japanese is also an option - an r125 is nice, but they're still 2.5k - 3k for a new ktm would be my preference.