eROCKIT

Tankbag

What's your thoughts on this folks, my prediction is ( & I wont be around then) we'll all be bombing round on these things in 20 years when we've gobally run out of oil.

https://youtu.be/IPoN8kMPsbM

I'd rather have one of these & they are cheaper

https://electrek.co/2019/06/12/urban-electric-motorcycle-comparison-zero-fxs/

Hate it. Not worried about running out of oil either. There's more known reserves now than there was 20 years ago. What's likely to screw us is greenies killing off the internal combustion engine.

Ice continuation may be possible but noise and environmental legislation will kill it off and I doubt it will take 20yrs.

Not everywhere, Africa, South America, India will never have legislation to become totally green and enviromentally friendly, whilst there is a market for ICE they will still be made :thumb:

Something like that is probably the future of bikes if we have to go electrical.

They can get E-bikes (electric cycles) to 80mph+ but without the range.

It's now all down to batteries, weight is always a killer for efficiency. So lite weight quick recharge batteries.

Isn't that Musk chappie hinting at some enormous breakthrough in battery technology?

I love the noise and everything associated with IC engines but when lithium batteries and brushless motors were available for model aircraft the simplicity and performance meant I was totally converted.

I can see that if range and life span of batteries takes a big step forward then most people will go for it. Personally I'd keep the Bobber just for what it is, but the Honda would be replaced with a washing machine on wheels without hesitation.

Guest Richzx6r

But it's just wrong, yes electric maybe for essential journeys like shopping and what not where it doesn't really matter what the car or bike sounds like but you cant enjoys a ride or drive when you want to just go out for the fun of it when it's a whining electric motor being the only soundtrack it's just plain wrong and anyone saying different should be shot by firing squad for desertion of the IC engine

Once they can develop the technology where a bike can sustain say a 100mph speed with a range of say 200 miles, and a quick charge of say 20/30 mins for 75% capacity then there will be much more of an interest :thumb:

Once they can develop the technology where a bike can sustain say a 100mph speed with a range of say 200 miles, and a quick charge of say 20/30 mins for 75% capacity then there will be much more of an interest :thumb:

My prediction is interchangeable batteries similar to Ryobi one battery fits all, on ebikes or emotorbikes if you will. You'll ride up to a station, pop out a few battery pods & pop in some fresh, like smart scan dispensers as Tescos. You read it here 1st :lol:

My prediction is interchangeable batteries similar to Ryobi one battery fits all, on ebikes or emotorbikes if you will. You'll ride up to a station, pop out a few battery pods & pop in some fresh, like smart scan dispensers as Tescos. You read it here 1st :lol:

The main issue with that is that each manufacturer will have it's own unique design of battery :evil:

Think it was visordown that had news that the Japanese were developing a hydrogen fuel cell for a bike that generated it's own hydrogen from water and light and some kind of crystal. NOT lithium crystals or kryptonite before some clever clogs jumps in.

Guest Richzx6r

Think it was visordown that had news that the Japanese were developing a hydrogen fuel cell for a bike that generated it's own hydrogen from water and light and some kind of crystal. NOT lithium crystals or kryptonite before some clever clogs jumps in.

Maybe moon dust crystals then :scratch:

That will be dilithium crystals you’re thinking about.