Smelly helmet

After yesterday's epically wet ride I had to dry out all my gear which was no surprise. What was a surprise was this afternoon when I came to put my helmet away the inside was positively reeking. It smelt as if something had died in it. (I checked and nothing has).

I know I can remove the liners and wash them but I don't particularly like doing so. Anybody know any cunning wheeze to avoid having to do this?

Guest Richzx6r

After yesterday's epically wet ride I had to dry out all my gear which was no surprise. What was a surprise was this afternoon when I came to put my helmet away the inside was positively reeking. It smelt as if something had died in it. (I checked and nothing has).

I know I can remove the liners and wash them but I don't particularly like doing so. Anybody know any cunning wheeze to avoid having to do this?

Bar holding your breath for the duration of your ride which isn't advisable you could try frebreeze or the like or you will have to bite the bullet and wash them

Dry it first with hair dryer, leave it to cool down, than use car interior cleaner.

It worked for me, after yesterday, 8 or 9 hours under the rain on motorways speeds it was raining inside the helmet.

Bit late for the hair dryer but I'll try the interior cleaner. Only wear a balaclava when it's really cold as I don't like a hot head. Wife suggested spraying the inside with Lynx. Then it'd smell like a rugby club changing room!🤮

Guest Richzx6r

Looks as if I'm just going to have to wash liners as I am not wearing a balaclava unless it's less than 7 C outside. As for hair - I wish! No.3 cut all over.

Bloody hell mate you could almost put it in a ponytail then, best off going #1 all over :thumb:

Well done for the lack of penis related jokes everyone. I'm proud of you all.......

......wait I mean ashamed! I'm ashamed of you all, stop trying to higher the standards and get with the knob jokes!!! :twisted:

• Like 1

Well done for the lack of penis related jokes everyone. I'm proud of you all.......

......wait I mean ashamed! I'm ashamed of you all, stop trying to higher the standards and get with the knob jokes!!! :twisted:

We were waiting for the Mods to lead us by example, what's good for the goose etc :lol: :cheers:

Dear God, you're a mod?!!

Guest Richzx6r

Sadly I was under the impression that the new mods were going to lead us to sunlit uplands of utopian civilization. Or was that some other geezer?

Nah neither me nor six got the mod gig so your stuck with them two and rennie