Smelly helmet

Well done for the lack of penis related jokes everyone. I'm proud of you all.......

......wait I mean ashamed! I'm ashamed of you all, stop trying to higher the standards and get with the knob jokes!!! :twisted:

only cause ive just seen this , you've wuined it now

Wear a condom on your head

Works with the knob jokes while providing a medicated & Lubricated barrier to stop unpleasant odours 👍

No, no, no.

PUT IT IN THE FREEZER. TRUST ME.

Wot! Freeze my helmet? Won't work my freezer isn't big enough.

Try with car interior cleaner, I use it in the car as I have a dog, big and smelly one. And it works perfectly. I use it for helmet as well it’s from glim, interior cleaner / refresher

Next time buy a helmet with a removable lining . 👍

It has a removable lining, I'm too lazy to remove it but am going to have to.☹️

Remove it. Takes 2 minutes then soak it in soapy boiling water, and/or put it in the freezer.

Smell is caused by bacteria. If you freeze it they die and the smell goes away. Trust me - I own clinking shoes and this is the only thing that makes them not smell (mainly cos you can't wash em).

Make a mix of washing up liquid and tea tree oil soak the inner bits of the helmet for 15min

Get a soft brush, I would use nail brush you can get in any supermarket, give it a good brush and rinse thoroughly.

Ideally leave it to dry in the sun.

For a few day it will smell of tea tree oil but you can be sure it would have killed all nasty stuff you had there.

The smell can be either bacteria as above or fungus both as result of sweat and being left damp.

When a helmet is left to dry at room temperature in the bag or just put away you are creating an ideal environment for colony for either bacteria or fungus.

If this is a frequent issue you have I would advice you to get a couple balaclavas and wash them frequently. :thumb:

It has a removable lining, I'm too lazy to remove it but am going to have to.☹️

Remove it. Takes 2 minutes then soak it in soapy boiling water, and/or put it in the freezer.

Smell is caused by bacteria. If you freeze it they die and the smell goes away. Trust me - I own clinking shoes and this is the only thing that makes them not smell (mainly cos you can't wash em).

Clinking shoes ..

376CD9F3-59A7-4FCB-B0B9-BE0040CD570C.gif

whagiphy.gif.1e648d1a8a14bfb58585c3b4202fc683.gif

@geofferz donyou climb outside? I remember you tend to Boulder?

Wonder if you fancy meeting up for a climb sometime when it’s feasible. Assuming I still have a license.

For sure my man - I climbed just today as it happens - this was me this afternoon. As you know the climbers code is to post a shirt off pic as an initial contact IMG-20200620-WA0038.thumb.jpg.953dcf35d4055a1294a78f74f40e7c41.jpg

Edited by geofferz