eROCKIT

Tankbag

For those concerned about the lack of noise from electric bikes you can always do what scale model aircraft do and installation a sound generator. So your electric Spitfire can sound like a Merlin. It’s better than some ic glow two stroke whining away up front.

And if we judge electric bikes by the first examples it’s like judging ic engines by saying a Model T Ford wasn’t very fast. They will improve and if they can get the battery technology right I suspect a lot of people will be surprised how lively electric can be.

There will always be a place for ic engines, just for the sake of what they are. But for practical work getting from A to B I suspect electric will have a huge impact.

By all accounts electric bikes have awesome acceleration and decent handling. The issue is range, recharge time and cost to buy in the first place. I do think hydrogen fuel cells are the more practical option for the longer term but who knows? I'd not want to be betting my pension on any one particular technology to be "the one".

If I did I'd be soon living in cardboard box in middle of t'road.

Guest Richzx6r

By all accounts electric bikes have awesome acceleration and decent handling. The issue is range, recharge time and cost to buy in the first place. I do think hydrogen fuel cells are the more practical option for the longer term but who knows? I'd not want to be betting my pension on any one particular technology to be "the one".

If I did I'd be soon living in cardboard box in middle of t'road.

So you wouldn't bet your pension on the IC engine?

Guest Richzx6r

For those concerned about the lack of noise from electric bikes you can always do what scale model aircraft do and installation a sound generator. So your electric Spitfire can sound like a Merlin. It’s better than some ic glow two stroke whining away up front.

And if we judge electric bikes by the first examples it’s like judging ic engines by saying a Model T Ford wasn’t very fast. They will improve and if they can get the battery technology right I suspect a lot of people will be surprised how lively electric can be.

There will always be a place for ic engines, just for the sake of what they are. But for practical work getting from A to B I suspect electric will have a huge impact.

And yeah I agree electric for the getting from A to B but for rides that mean something you need the IC engine.

Yes you get the instant torque from electric motors and yes you can install a sound generator but its just not the same is it....

And yeah I agree electric for the getting from A to B but for rides that mean something you need the IC engine.

Yes you get the instant torque from electric motors and yes you can install a sound generator but its just not the same is it....

Agreed. If electric does get the range and speed issue resolved, which it will, then I'd still have two bikes. One for work and one for fun. One electric and one ic.

I might set the electric to sound like the Bobber, but I suspect they'll never fit something to create the vibration or the thump of the crankshaft through the pedals. (Which some Bobber owners think is so strong it's a fault with the bike.)

Electric motors are pretty much sorted now, there are tweaks to be had its just battery tech that's holding things up, there are supposedly multiple companies with up coming solutions but the appear to be the same as those who almost have fusion cracked.

I actually like the electric motor and gearbox sound