Smelly helmet

I doubt I could climb 6b without hangdogging it these days although you never know. Before kids my best was 6c+ onsight, E3 onsight and brobabky 6A+ boulder.

These days who knows but I can hold rope and probably dog as well as I used to climb if not climb as well :-)

right so all that seemed clear enough :scratch:

Sorry - I'll clarify. I can usually on sight a 5b lead, flash a 6a boulder, red point a 6b top rope and I have projected a 7a boulder once. Got a 60m dynamic, enough quick draws for a single pitch, never back clip, love a crimpy slab, hate slopers, would love to portaledge on el cap, and want a petzl grigri next.

Sorry - I'll clarify. I can usually on sight a 5b lead, flash a 6a boulder, red point a 6b top rope and I have projected a 7a boulder once. Got a 60m dynamic, enough quick draws for a single pitch, never back clip, love a crimpy slab, hate slopers, would love to portaledge on el cap, and want a petzl grigri next.

I have a gri gri worry not.

I have a gri gri worry not.

I usually just use an atc but new gear is always fun

It has a removable lining, I'm too lazy to remove it but am going to have to.☹️

I went through this afew years ago, cleaned my liner my helmet.. Smell intermittently just would not go away.

Finally I tracked it down, one of my neck scarfs. I think it has escaped being washed for far too long :shock:

• 5 months later...

Zoflora is really strong, my Shark Winter Helmet got damp in the garage, washed the liners but still the smell prevailed , was advised to try Zoflora neat, this has worked a treat the lemon fragranced one obviously as the other flavours are well lets say not very motorbiking friendly.

Bought one of these for someone with the same problem n they said it’s somehow cooler than not wearing anything. I think it’s silk though so that’d explain it’s wicking non stinking properties.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/468259?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi--5_Nmn7QIVFO3tCh1aGg-cEAQYASABEgLor_D_BwE

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Bought one of these for someone with the same problem n they said it’s somehow cooler than not wearing anything. I think it’s silk though so that’d explain it’s wicking non stinking properties.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/468259?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi--5_Nmn7QIVFO3tCh1aGg-cEAQYASABEgLor_D_BwE

You could get them TMBF buff instead, :classic_biggrin:

I've still got a couple of the flying helmet liners from my RAF days .... you look a complete tube standing in the car park with one on but it keeps the helmet clean ... I shower every day, early doors, but still wear one ... also very useful if your helmets not as snug as you'd like ... thin but enough ....

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I use something like that when snowboarding. Keeps the head nice and warm until I can get to the beer tent.