Is this tyre done?

jedibiker

This is my tyre run at max recommended pressure of 33 :thumb:

P1020684.JPG

Looks brand new on sides, but guess your bike isnt built for leaning

Not quite managed to scrape the pegs yet :lol: these have only covered 1200 miles so far so barely used but these are a hard compound tyre :thumb:

This is my tyre run at max recommended pressure of 33 :thumb:

P1020684.JPG

Looks brand new on sides, but guess your bike isnt built for leaning

Not quite managed to scrape the pegs yet :lol: these have only covered 1200 miles so far so barely used but these are a hard compound tyre :thumb:

This is not really helping . A decorative 125 cruiser and a 650 Bandit are absolutely poles apart in terms of performance, weight and tyre technology .

For reference

PR4 running 42

15929903342518772491475798052614.jpg

wonder how new that is? but does look more even.

5k on that :thumb:

Lol wtf. I got 3k out of my rear pr4 on my mt10 at 42psi. No chicken strips left, very mixed riding but the middle wore down. Never again. This was at like 3.5k I think

Screenshot_20200624-115043_Photos.thumb.jpg.b1798fcda6257f260f78c080ae059403.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

My understanding is that the pilot road 4 is a dual compound tyre, how many miles have they done out of interest as my old set of pr4s did 13.5k miles and weren't even that worn.

Also in respect of pressures I generally run 36 front 42 rear but each to they're own

Jesus! Do you have it on a trailer for those miles :lol:

I'm lucky if I see 8 to 9k!

I also run 42 on the rear but 40 front

Definitely wasnt on a trailer, I too was very surprised by the amount of life i got out of them as even on my old 125s I'd never got anywhere near that

[mention]jedibiker[/mention]

You may not like the look of the tyre but generally pr4's are regarded highly.

The state of your current rear is not going to inspire cornering, get it replaced or find some one that's good at stationary burnouts, they will take the worst of the edge off In a couple of mins, still won't be great.

Get a new tyre, if you feel you need help with the leaning the bike over contact tact a local school a couple of lessons with a good instructor will sort that out

I have PR4 on my ST1300 and can't really complain.

made 6k on the rear tyre, mostly either motorway/dual carriageway. most of if temperatures above 30c (45c max) and fully loaded with 2 people and luggage for 2 weeks.

Ok the centre bit was flat by the time I got home but that was due to the load.

I got another one just before MOT because it would fail otherwise.

I struggle to choose between Michelin and Bridgestone recommended specs but for now I'm staying with the French brand. They perform extremely well both dry and wet and I'm sure that in normal circumstances I would make 9k without a problem.

wonder how new that is? but does look more even.

Lol wtf. I got 3k out of my rear pr4 on my mt10 at 42psi. No chicken strips left, very mixed riding but the middle wore down. Never again. This was at like 3.5k I think

Screenshot_20200624-115043_Photos.jpg

I'm a smoother rider :P

[mention]Stu[/mention] smooth rider, [mention]Six30[/mention] easy rider, you 2 make a great couple 😂

Awaits p45......

@Stu smooth rider, @Six30 easy rider, you 2 make a great couple 😂

Awaits p45......

Verbal warning

:lol: :lol:

made 6k on the rear tyre, mostly either motorway/dual carriageway. most of if temperatures above 30c (45c max) and fully loaded with 2 people and luggage for 2 weeks.

I struggle to choose between Michelin and Bridgestone recommended specs but for now I'm staying with the French brand. They perform extremely well both dry and wet and I'm sure that in normal circumstances I would make 9k without a problem.

I hated Bridgestones . It's worth googling " BT014 Dangerous "

not according to the ladies....

agape.gif.d09a10eac13f691925d97f487bb89369.gif

Clearly!

thanks for all your advice. is there any reason you can't use 2 different brands? or just something people like to do.

Really fancy a metzeler on the back and can do front when start earning.

At the end it always varies depending on riding style. Had the Battlax BT's for several years and never had a problem with it.

At the end it always varies depending on riding style. Had the Battlax BT's for several years and never had a problem with it.

I've googled it again and I can't find any of the stuff that was on the net a few years ago . There had been fatalities related to unusual wear patterns on the fronts and in New Zealand , riders had brought a civil action against Bridgestone . I had a set and the front practically went triangular . Like the sides were wearing much faster than the middle .

Clearly!

I used to point and squirt (as we used to call it) a few years ago when it was all about the adrenaline and getting from point a to point b as quick as possible!

I could easily get through a set of tyres in 2k but these where a lot softer than the PR4s and on a bike that just loved to be ragged all the time! Fronts lasted longer! Mostly as it was in the air a lot :lol:

I have have calmed down a lot due to needing my licence for the job! Although my job has made me a smoother rider and driver plus some of the time the wife is with me

That rear is pretty much squared, it will resist to lean in the corner at first then will suddenly drop. If you are aware of it and prepared especially if you are comfy with that no issues. If not get new tyre.

thanks for all your advice. is there any reason you can't use 2 different brands? or just something people like to do.

This probably stems from us old folk who had to switch from cross ply to radial tyres, it was so dangerous to mix they put out adds on the tv.

With bikes you only have 2 to rely on so it's much better to have similar characteristics between the 2, no good having great grip at the rear and having the front wash out or vice versa

Different tyres have different profiles and different profiles don't always work with each other

If I was you I would stick to the PR4s they are fantastic tyres.