Ooops !

Tankbag

Guest Richzx6r

We'll see but, no tripod, no warning signs, radios on transmit inhibit ? mobile phones off ?

Did you get caught speeding?

Unfortunately they don’t have to put warning signs out anymore. They don’t even have to be conspicuous.

The law changed a while ago.

You can find the info on the government website I think.

There is a place a bike cop likes to hide near me. It’s a slight left hand curve with a thick tall hedge on the left.

He stands about 10 foot after the hedge ends and slightly back. When you spot him it’s too late if you are over the limit.

bast*rds!

Fingers crossed for you.

They've blitzed our area recently which to be honest needed doing because we live at the bottom of a hill on a rural road in a 30mph zone. Our drive is on a blind bend and people regularly come round it doing well over 50 and are surprised when a bike emerges from a hidden exit.

When words have been had its always a case of them thinking it's a national speed limit because it's a rural road.

Having had a van on the hill several times over the past week they have now erected police speed check signs, but only going up the hill, not down it. :scratch:

Guest Richzx6r

Unfortunately they don’t have to put warning signs out anymore. They don’t even have to be conspicuous.

The law changed a while ago.

You can find the info on the government website I think.

There is a place a bike cop likes to hide near me. It’s a slight left hand curve with a thick tall hedge on the left.

He stands about 10 foot after the hedge ends and slightly back. When you spot him it’s too late if you are over the limit.

bast*rds!

There was a place in harlow when you just came off a roundabout there is small driveway with a high privet hedge that camouflages the copper

[mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] similar to the road I live on. 30mph bit routinely gets raced on both up and down the hill. I have seriously considered buying some of these to put opposite my house.

Screenshot_20200625-141925.thumb.png.c4a828a2290baf222018c14bd90ec029.png

@Mississippi Bullfrog similar to the road I live on. 30mph bit routinely gets raced on both up and down the hill. I have seriously considered buying some of these to put opposite my house.

Screenshot_20200625-141925.png

I would suggest a more direct approach... :D

download.jpg.c42378bef3f202f8b1fe2e47d4b93c1d.jpg

Fingers crossed for you.

They've blitzed our area recently which to be honest needed doing because we live at the bottom of a hill on a rural road in a 30mph zone. Our drive is on a blind bend and people regularly come round it doing well over 50 and are surprised when a bike emerges from a hidden exit.

When words have been had its always a case of them thinking it's a national speed limit because it's a rural road.

Having had a van on the hill several times over the past week they have now erected police speed check signs, but only going up the hill, not down it. :scratch:

50 where I was, used to be national, there's isn't even a footpath but hey ho an empty dead straight road is no excuse. Hopefully they were just after the lad racers it's a favourite with the souped up corsas 5 of which were parked up further along with the lads all chatting in a group

They will have often positioned themselves so that they have clocked you long before you have clocked them such as looking down a long piece of curved dual carriageway.

They will have often positioned themselves so that they have clocked you long before you have clocked them such as looking down a long piece of curved dual carriageway.

True, 2 years ago at St. Mary's loch cafe there was one of them and he could get the speed over 2 miles away the f*&ing B$%£$%rd :roll: :roll:

• 4 weeks later...