5 notices of impending prosecution in the post

James in Brum

Guest Swagman

Tell them you need your car to do your job, they won’t want to put you out of work not with all that is going on, I know a guy who had around 16 points on and because he needed it for work he kept his license, good luck with it I have my fingers crossed for you. :thumb: :thumb:

@Copycat73 i’m not posting of the NiPs because they have information about me on but...

fair enough .. genuinity accepted .. but you are fcuked .. unless your solicitor is a miracle worker ..

commiserations on your licence..

@Copycat73 i’m not posting of the NiPs because they have information about me on but...

fair enough .. genuinity accepted .. but you are fcuked .. unless your solicitor is a miracle worker ..

commiserations on your licence..

And insurance for the foreseeable future ..

And hopefully your employer doesn't stipulate how many points are accepted if company vehicles are driven .

Given key worker status and the current Covid crisis some leniency might be forthcoming. Especially as losing your license could throw you on to - unsafe - public transport. If you've got 10 though it's going to be a hard sell especially in a 30mph zone. Obviously you don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum but...

Only advice I’ve got is that if you decide to go to court, take a bottle of lube with you as Big Bubba will be having ‘special time’ with you when you get banged up 🤣🤣

(Not that I know this from personal experience 😁)

I have no advice to offer but just to say that no matter what lies behind it all I feel for you. Horrible place to be in. Get good advice and I hope something works out for you.

He said it a lot better than I could.

I spoke to a solicitor that said that there are doubts that prosecuting authorise will get round to prosecuting cases. They are hopeful of guilty pleas but it may not get further. He also outlined opportunists to dispel the prosecution and if not then mitigate it. That would all come at a hefty fee.

I wish I knew exactly how much the cost of insurance, fines etc would be if I were to plead guilty to compare it to the cost of the solicitor.

Either way it will be a lot out of Homeopath salary!

• 2 weeks later...

I have at great expense hired a solicitor. Their advice I shall follow.

There are some things of interest.

There are opportunities for the case to fall through cracks because of COVID, they may not get round to prosecuting. They may make mistakes in prosecuting if they do get around to it.

If they do and there are no errors watch this space.

Years ago I was due to loose my licence, I had the AA breakdown and that gave me legal cover. They provided a solicitor and I changed my job to one requiring a licence. I kept my licence but got a large fine. Does your insurance have legal protection? Or your breakdown service? You may get the solicitor from them. It was a long time ago and thing may have changed, but can you get a job as a delivery rider? Or a van delivery job? It will all help

If it goes to court, (I hope it doesn't) dont do what I did and glare at the Clerk to the court.

I was a lot younger then and a clever dick. This man was looking across at me weighing me up

and I glared back as if to say who the fu#k are you looking at?

I had no idea who he was and that he advised the old judge, long story short I lost my licence for three months on totting up. :shock:

I spoke to a solicitor that said that there are doubts that prosecuting authorise will get round to prosecuting cases. They are hopeful of guilty pleas but it may not get further. He also outlined opportunists to dispel the prosecution and if not then mitigate it. That would all come at a hefty fee.

I wish I knew exactly how much the cost of insurance, fines etc would be if I were to plead guilty to compare it to the cost of the solicitor.

Either way it will be a lot out of Homeopath salary!

Just be careful, if they do prosecute and you get found guilty the punishments are more severe than those with an early guilty plea. I'm sure it's a real tough situation to be in. Just remember these solicitors command a fee and are good at their job but but if it goes wrong it could be worse. Just have a think and consider were you speeding and way up all the pros and cons. Wish you all the best