5 notices of impending prosecution in the post

James in Brum

I spoke to a solicitor that said that there are doubts that prosecuting authorise will get round to prosecuting cases. They are hopeful of guilty pleas but it may not get further. He also outlined opportunists to dispel the prosecution and if not then mitigate it. That would all come at a hefty fee.

I wish I knew exactly how much the cost of insurance, fines etc would be if I were to plead guilty to compare it to the cost of the solicitor.

Either way it will be a lot out of Homeopath salary!

Just be careful, if they do prosecute and you get found guilty the punishments are more severe than those with an early guilty plea. I'm sure it's a real tough situation to be in. Just remember these solicitors command a fee and are good at their job but but if it goes wrong it could be worse. Just have a think and consider were you speeding and way up all the pros and cons. Wish you all the best

I go back to earlier comment !

Start wearing dark visor get other half to take some of the strain !

In all seriousness I wish you the best of luck and hope yur brief is good.

Even better if your insurance has legal cover.

Cheers

Ian

I’ve made my pieces whatever happens it’s not the end of the world. I won’t lose my job, I’m not Ill. I might be inconvenienced a lot but there’s worse things.

That's the spirit and they can never completely ban you from two wheels, even if you have to pedal the fooker :lol: :thumb:

That's the spirit and they can never completely ban you from two wheels, even if you have to pedal the fooker :lol: :thumb:

Bugger that pedal assist can be played with, no registration plates either :o

I cannot help but think sadly they will be the future...

Can you get a delivery job? even part time? It will make a difference

If he's genuinely a homeopath, he only needs a wheel valve cap and he can go delivering boxes filled with air. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Update,

I forgot to sign one of the forms acknowledging that I was the driver. This has delayed one of the prosecutions. One of the NIPs led to being offered a speed awareness course. This means that there are three plus the delayed one which the solicitors will advise me on.

• 4 months later...

Update, I took a speed awareness course for 1. 
the solicitor advised waiting to see about the other four. Because there is four I will have to go to court if they follow through on prosecuting. 
I have been hoping that they would just get lost in the system with COVID etc, sort of the universe looking after me. I was about three weeks from being able to believe they had vanished and I have have the notices that the courts have been advised. 
who knows from here. We shall plead hardship because some of what I do I would not be able to do and it would not just disadvantage me but also the people I homeopath for the NHS (when I am homeopathing as opposed to leading the homeopathy). 

@Slowlycatchymonkey

Well if your are banned, and your a homeopath, .... your patients will just get better in due course won't they ..... ? As usual ...

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

😱 Crikey James. You don’t do things by halves, from no points to 5 notices. Glad it didn’t turn into 10. 
When I started reading it I thought FIVE bijeezus how but on fast empty road you’re familiar with on your way to work I can imagine it’s easily done 😬
Have my fingers crossed for you it all gets let go in the backlog Covid has caused 🤞 

@Trooper74 perhaps they will get better sooner because I am further diluted!

@Slowlycatchymonkey I don’t generally speed. It is all my fault I don’t excuse it. I was mega stressed at work and trying to be in early all the time those few weeks to keep up with learning a new role and managing COVID. It impacted my driving on empty roads, plus I was in the car rather than the bike which I had become used to. The car just seems slower at higher speeds than the bike.

• Like 1

The vehicle you’re in/on makes a big difference to the way speed feels doesn’t it. 
Had a car once that should have come with a warning, stuck to the road like glue, the harder you drove it the better it was, the speed would very easily creep up without you noticing. Lent it to a friend, warned them to be careful it runs away with, you won’t realise until you need to change direction or something happens.
She’s a very good driver but dismissed it, returned very red faced n panicked looking and said “you’re right... that car is dangerous” 

Easily done. 

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The vehicle you’re in/on makes a big difference to the way speed feels doesn’t it. 
Had a car once that should have come with a warning, stuck to the road like glue, the harder you drove it the better it was, the speed would very easily creep up without you noticing. Lent it to a friend, warned them to be careful it runs away with, you won’t realise until you need to change direction or something happens.
She’s a very good driver but dismissed it, returned very red faced n panicked looking and said “you’re right... that car is dangerous” 

Easily done. 

really , what was it, one of these...

Image result for f1 car

Edited by Six30
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I've always found that 40 in a car feels like 30 on a bike 

See I always found the opposite! 

I look down on the bike and going way faster than I should be! @Traceusually reminds me :roll:

In the car I'm miss daisy :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James in Brum said:

Update, I took a speed awareness course for 1. 
the solicitor advised waiting to see about the other four. Because there is four I will have to go to court if they follow through on prosecuting. 
I have been hoping that they would just get lost in the system with COVID etc, sort of the universe looking after me. I was about three weeks from being able to believe they had vanished and I have have the notices that the courts have been advised. 
who knows from here. We shall plead hardship because some of what I do I would not be able to do and it would not just disadvantage me but also the people I homeopath for the NHS (when I am homeopathing as opposed to leading the homeopathy). 

@Slowlycatchymonkey

Sorry to hear that James, looks like you have it all in hand though. I'm sure your solicitor will advise you well. Guilty plea and loads of mitigation should help you avoid a ban. Its not as though you have been speeding over a period of months or years. As you say one stressful week and the courts do listen to that side of things, doing the speed awareness shows responsibility too. Good luck with it all, not much to smile about in 2020 🤞

• Like 1

Hang on a minute ... 48mph in a 30mph area and we're all patting him on the back and being supportive ...

If he'd hit a child at 48 in a 30 they would be dead .....

And he knows that ... he's a health professional ....

" No critical comments" ... B*ll*ocks .... get banned ! 

Edited by Trooper74

1 minute ago, Trooper74 said:

Hang on a minute ... 48mph in a 30mph area and we're all patting him on the back and being supportive ...

It was lock down! Kids shouldn't have been out! 

Ps not saying its right ;-)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

I would entirely agree except for the fact that the bit I was doing 48 in is a bit of the a38 on the way in towards Brum which is a dual carriageway and nowhere near any accommodation type areas or schools or any such. I thought it was a forty. 
I’m the annoying prick that does twenty in a twenty which no one does. This was not an urban area which children might have been near.

• Like 4