New to me Kawasaki GT750

Burgess118

Sorry, I never had a GT750, but I had a Gpz750 with much the same engine. It had the famous soft valve seats so, although your new bike looks lovely, it might be worth checking the valve gaps. Mine tightened up to zero by the second service. If they're OK when you get the bike and again a couple of thousand miles later you should be good for many many more miles. Enjoy !

As with any older shaft driven bike. be sure to use the correct spec of gear oil in the shaft. This is CRUCIAL. It must be GL5 and changed as per the recommendation by Kawasaki. If you are unsure when it was changed last, then change it.

Looks mint Burgess....Have fun :thumb: Never owned one myself, the only thing that come close would be an old GPX750 but that was years ago, I didn't have it long, I used to change my bikes as often as my socks back then :lol:

[mention]Burgess118[/mention] That looks good. I had 2 of those in red. First one was a brilliant machine. Apart from the exhaust collector box rotting no problems. Never resorted to replacing the exhaust system, managed to keep the original going. Went quick for its type. Pretty good handling for a beast.

The second one was crap. Don’t think the previous owner looked after it. Had to replace the rear shocks. Kept loosing the air.

Starting problems. Moved it on quick.

2D8BF9C0-3C3C-4D58-8A22-A263424FC619.thumb.jpeg.ff2639f6e2593d96ef0ccdde9bace318.jpeg (it was a long time ago)

[mention]manxie49[/mention] i followed those with a GPX750. They were chalk and cheese. Kept the GPX for about 20 years. Was fast but the handling was, shall we say, lively.

4CA6B2DC-6EF3-49C5-AD86-2A8944983BF5.thumb.jpeg.0174c806e4be552c289c723e0a1d2149.jpeg

AE93041C-4525-43C5-AF63-E75B7EC993CB.thumb.jpeg.28358c2b66106e8ec609bce9250006af.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

My return to biking after a 10-12 year layoff was on a GT750. Great bike, capable and unpretentious, I loved it. Yours looks a lot better than mine did! Mine had K&N pod filters and a Motad exhaust, with consequently a HUGE flatspot in the midrange. I think the bloke I sold it to was going to turn it into a trike, a fate I think a lot of them suffer. Can't find any pictures at the moment unfortunately. Enjoy it!

• 4 months later...

So how is the GT after a few months? I've acquired a 1982 P1 in gold last week, with 12825 original miles on the clock. She is a dream to ride. As per one of the other comments, I'm returning to biking after 12 years off due to health problems. The GT seems to be a good choice for me.

Enjoy!