How lucky.......

dynax

I did two diffs on the Ital, in the end the mechanic uprated the suspension with a set of van springs :lol: :thumb:

Usually the front trunions collapsed every other Wednesday

Well they were off the Morris Minor.

Our neighbour worked at the British Leyland Speke factory so we got a brand new 1.8 Marina. First time it was washed the front wing caved in because it was rotten. Literally held together by the paint.

I worked at Longbridge as an apprentice, I can well believe that.

Some of the shit I saw was unbelievable.

Usually the front trunions collapsed every other Wednesday

Well they were off the Morris Minor.

Our neighbour worked at the British Leyland Speke factory so we got a brand new 1.8 Marina. First time it was washed the front wing caved in because it was rotten. Literally held together by the paint.

I worked at Longbridge as an apprentice, I can well believe that.

Some of the shit I saw was unbelievable.

No I believe it, I drove most of it 😂

Our very first car was given to my wife when her mother retired. It was hideous - Volvo (DAF) 66. I was so glad when I wrote it off a couple of years later. It was also lethal. It would skid on the slightest hint of damp. Once on a single track road in Herefordshire a bit of clay got jammed somewhere which caused it to try and accelerate - we had to kill it by cutting the ignition. It's rubber bands (variomatic) used to snap about every 6000 miles. It was horrible.

Our very first car was given to my wife when her mother retired. It was hideous - Volvo (DAF) 66. I was so glad when I wrote it off a couple of years later. It was also lethal. It would skid on the slightest hint of damp. Once on a single track road in Herefordshire a bit of clay got jammed somewhere which caused it to try and accelerate - we had to kill it by cutting the ignition. It's rubber bands (variomatic) used to snap about every 6000 miles. It was horrible.

Mind you if you'd hit that van driving a DAF the van would have come off worse. They were built like tanks. The garage I worked at was a DAF dealership, one lady viewing a car was sat in the showroom with the engine running and noticed the gear selector. Not knowing what it was for she just pushed it forwards putting it into drive. The little thing shot off and went straight through the sidewall of the showroom bringing the roof down.

The showroom was destroyed. The DAF was unscathed.

When I wrote it off it skidded on the old Dock Road in Liverpool into a container wagons tractor unit rear wheel. It was unharmed, the 66 was destroyed. Apart from having to tell my wife I had destroyed her car I was sooo happy!

When I wrote it off it skidded on the old Dock Road in Liverpool into a container wagons tractor unit rear wheel. It was unharmed, the 66 was destroyed. Apart from having to tell my wife I had destroyed her car I was sooo happy!

Oooh... someone was going a bit faster down the dock road than they were meant to then.

I wrote our van off in the Seaforth Container terminal just up from there. Belting along from a ship when I hit a big slick of grain that had been spilt. The rain had turned it into mush and I hit one of those huge lampposts head on.

There was a port police van parked there due to the spillage. There were about five wrecked vehicles all lined up by the side. They just hadn't figured out that putting a warning sign up would have been a good idea.

My first car was Nissan Datsun Violet.

The excelarater used to stick from time to time, take your foot of pedal and on it would go accelerating hard. Not many learn to drive in a car with such a unique trait. Turning the ignition off and stop for a time and it was normally fine.

Drive like that for 18 months, motorways city centers with girlfriends in the car you name it.

Finally I found the answer on a cold snowy night on top of the M62. It happened and was not starting again, it was Fing freezing. I found by tourch light a little leaver with red and blue. Switched it to blue and the problem never came back.

Even now a van with the extra stiff spring when you accelerate hard, still make my ass twitch as it feels the same. The first time I did it a fear a little bit of poo came out...

Port police never struck me as the sharpest examples of the breed. Back in the day there used to be a man sized hole in Seaforth's perimeter fence just opposite the old pub that used to be there. Never was blocked off and every low level smuggler used to take their fags and booze through it.

Port police never struck me as the sharpest examples of the breed. Back in the day there used to be a man sized hole in Seaforth's perimeter fence just opposite the old pub that used to be there. Never was blocked off and every low level smuggler used to take their fags and booze through it.

I know. I used to climb through that hole frequently. Technically the port is a public place so they can't stop anyone wandering in and out. It's something to do with its original charter. When we did get challenged we'd quote some medieval ruling and merrily go on our way.

Not smuggling though. We were fishing. I remember being on a ship and they laid on a huge spread of seafood which I love. I thanked the Captain for the invitation and said how much I'd enjoyed the food, which we don't get round these parts. He just smiled and said it came out of the dock the day before.

Remember being in Seaforth' on the 24th December and dockers promised the crew we'd not sail before the 26th. bast*rds took a bonus and we locked out at 2300 on Christmas Eve. I was only an embryonic officer at the time but lived in Aigburth at the time. A very cheesed off ship's complement.

Remember being in Seaforth' on the 24th December and dockers promised the crew we'd not sail before the 26th. bast*rds took a bonus and we locked out at 2300 on Christmas Eve. I was only an embryonic officer at the time but lived in Aigburth at the time. A very cheesed off ship's complement.

Those buggers could work when it suited them. Usually the only time they moved with any speed was when they dredged a WW2 bomb out of the docks.