Piaggio xevo 125cc 2012 temperature sensor

Tomie1123

Hi All

I hope someone can help, I have a Piaggio xevo 2012 125cc maxi scooter and the previous owner cut the wire to the temperature sensor as the head gasket was slightly blown and the temperature guage just flashes all the time now. I am waiting of a new head gasket to arrive and be fitted but i would like the temperature gauge to work again. Does anyone know where the power supply wire to the single sensor is fed from ? is it just a 12v supply from a live connection when the engine is running ?

Thank you for and advice and help

Regards

Tommy

Thankyou very much for the replys guys I tried earthing the wire but this did not work I cannot find where the wire was cut from as the other part has been removed I think there is only a piece of wire with a spade on that connects to the sensor that has a length of wire around 10 inches long hanging loose, from what I can see the wire is only long enough to reach what I think is the CDI unit that has a plug and various wires comming from it but this is all taped up so I cannot tell if the wire originally came from there and I am reluctant to remove all the tape and try and see if there is a short end where it was cut from although I think this is something I may have to try. I am hopeless with electrics though I just really hoped someone would know where this sensor received its power from.

Thanks again everyone

Tommy

Thankyou very much for the replys guys I tried earthing the wire but this did not work I cannot find where the wire was cut from as the other part has been removed I think there is only a piece of wire with a spade on that connects to the sensor that has a length of wire around 10 inches long hanging loose, from what I can see the wire is only long enough to reach what I think is the CDI unit that has a plug and various wires comming from it but this is all taped up so I cannot tell if the wire originally came from there and I am reluctant to remove all the tape and try and see if there is a short end where it was cut from although I think this is something I may have to try. I am hopeless with electrics though I just really hoped someone would know where this sensor received its power from.

Thanks again everyone

Tommy

ps I have quoted the CDI unit but this maybe the ECU lol

A wiring diagram or workshop manual is what you need. If you can find that I'm sure someone can tell you where the wire goes. without that we can only guess where it goes. Does the bike have a temperature display or does it just have a temperature warning light? If it's just a warning light the wire might go to the connector that plugs into the instrument panel.

Hi WD-40

The bike has a temprature gauge not a light that goes from cold to hot, it is a digital display that works fine only it just flashes on and off all the time. it is supposed to start off cold and as the scooter gets warmer a digital line moves across towards the hot to give you an indication of the engine temperature

regards

Tommy

What colour is the cut wire?

Here's a manual for a Piaggio X9 125. It's not the same model bike as yours but it is a Piaggio 125 carb scooter so the coolant temp sensor setup is probably the same as your bike. The colour of the wiring could be different though. On the X9 the coolant temp sensor is a thermistor and that connects to the instrument panel. It's shown on page 139. The wiring diagram with the wire colours is on page 111. Based on that manual I'd say the cut wire goes from the senor through the bike's loom up to the instrument panel

https://www.vespaforum.com/manuals/More%20Manuals/Piaggio/x9_125_180_Workshop_Manual.pdf