Thoughts on buying a new Lexmoto?

Jaups20

Hello,

Was thinking of buying a new Lexmoto 125cc from a local dealership.

Probably the assault or one from the commuter range.

Was thinking of buying a second hand Suzuki Van Van 125 but these Lexmoto things are the same price (around £1300) brand new!

New Lexmoto 125 or second hand good condition Suzuki Van Van 124?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

P.s. Also thinking of getting Honda CG 125cc but couldn’t find any around £1300 mark? What is a standard price range for a second hand Honda 125 CG?

If you buy a Lexmoto be sure to maintain it properly, if you look after it and don't abuse it, it will be fine, ragging the arse off it and and leaving to the elements will destroy it in no time :thumb:

I'd buy the VanVan rather than the Lexmoto every time. Or any used Japanese bike. More reliable. Better parts availability. You will get your money back when you sell it.

The Lexmoto will lose nearly all its value the minute you ride out of the dealership.

I've had a VanVan and a CG125. For smiles per mile the VanVan is the one I'd go for. Nothing wrong with the CG but it's a bit boring.

One is a Marmite bike, you love them or hate them. The other is a bread and butter bike.

I’ve said this more fully before. I had a Lexmoto 125. I loved it, it looked great, a couple of finishing bothers like the oil filler cap made of butter but a good bike. Head race bearing went at five thousand miles but otherwise great. I’d still have it if I could afford two bikes.

By three years old it would have needed a new exhaust system and I lost 1500 because there is no second hand market. I loved it but could not recommend it.

Buy a second hand Lexemoto, they are cheap enough you will loose less money than buying new.

If it's reliable you have good cheap bike, if not you have lost less.

If not buy a VanVan

or how about the ajs cadwell clubman a stunning looking bike in black £2.700 but again chinese :?

I wouldn't by a Chinese AJS on principle . 😡

I wouldn`t buy anything chinese at the minute they have done enough damage to the world already without giving them your hard earned money for a pile of utter rusting before your eyes crap. Buy a VanVan every time but its a free world and its your money :tumble:

I wouldn`t buy anything chinese at the minute they have done enough damage to the world already without giving them your hard earned money for a pile of utter rusting before your eyes crap. Buy a VanVan every time but its a free world and its your money :tumble:

Nailed in one!

From an engineering or quality standpoint there is no justification in buying a Chinese motorcycle! It's no secret......it's all over the Net FFS! You may as well just flush your money down the shitter and cut out the middle man!

From a moral standpoint.......only a complete c*nt would buy anything Chinese after what they've done. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, economies are decimated, jobs are gone, homes are going to be lost, and the future looks bleak for many people.

Of course, they still want you to buy their cheap shit as if nothing has happened! Worldwide, everybody needs to boycott their shit, and personally I'd like to see a ban on imported Chinese goods everywhere.

Nailed in one!

From an engineering or quality standpoint there is no justification in buying a Chinese motorcycle! It's no secret......it's all over the Net FFS! You may as well just flush your money down the shitter and cut out the middle man!

From a moral standpoint.......only a complete c*nt would buy anything Chinese after what they've done. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, economies are decimated, jobs are gone, homes are going to be lost, and the future looks bleak for many people.

Of course, they still want you to buy their cheap shit as if nothing has happened! Worldwide, everybody needs to boycott their shit, and personally I'd like to see a ban on imported Chinese goods everywhere.

Well said that man I couldn`t of put it better myself. I vote for Xtreme for President or if not perhaps Dictator. :cheers:

Well said that man I couldn`t of put it better myself. I vote for Xtreme for President or if not perhaps Dictator. :cheers:

Yeh.....but we can't get our shit together on Bantams though! :lol:

Nailed in one!

That would make his title

President of the Democratic peoples Republic of the motorbike forum.

Or twat for short 😁

Nailed in one!

And now they have identified a strain of Swine Flu that can transfer to humans . Oh brilliant !

it is time a new british manufacturer got busy making small/ mid sized bikes at reasonable money with above all reliability and doesn't rust in front of our eyes :wink: our lot have had their pants taken down for far too long :spank:

it is time a new british manufacturer got busy making small/ mid sized bikes at reasonable money with above all reliability and doesn't rust in front of our eyes :wink: our lot have had their pants taken down for far too long :spank:

They would never get them down to Chinese prices .