Motorino Atala Rizzato

Ooooooo the excitement

WTF name is this one going to have?

The child of zena

Little nipper

Rusty Mc rust face

Be better to call it Fanny.......because as soon as he goes down the road on it people are going to be shouting "Look at the c*nt on that moped".

My latest project will post some pics up tomorrow as i have just got home from picking it up :lol: :thumb:

Ooooooo the excitement

WTF name is this one going to have?

Florence, she is Italian after all :lol: :thumb:

It's NOT seized :yay: before i set off home i took the plug out and squirted a good amount of WD40 down the hole, and as i can't sleep i decided to take some covers off, the flywheel is dry and free running, the wiring inside looks brand new, took the head off and gave the piston a gentle push with a screwdriver handle and with a little jiggle of the cylinder it moved, put head back on and the piston moves freely, there is some compression but as everything is loose i can't do a proper compression test yet, but all the signs are looking promising :thumb:

It's NOT seized :yay: before i set off home i took the plug out and squirted a good amount of WD40 down the hole, and as i can't sleep i decided to take some covers off, the flywheel is dry and free running, the wiring inside looks brand new, took the head off and gave the piston a gentle push with a screwdriver handle and with a little jiggle of the cylinder it moved, put head back on and the piston moves freely, there is some compression but as everything is loose i can't do a proper compression test yet, but all the signs are looking promising :thumb:

So your solution to insomnia is to get up and take the head off a moped?

This is a big play for TOTY right here!

Guest Richzx6r

I wont lie I think you are possibly clinically insane but as has been said everyone needs a project and hey it would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing and....its not chinese so maybe that's a plus the only problem is it's an old Italian bike/ped which could be worse in some areas......get the pics up

Guest Richzx6r

Here's a few pics that i have just taken, it is in the hallway :lol: :thumb:

P1020685.JPG

P1020686.JPG

P1020687.JPG

P1020688.JPG

Well it looks like it has a vintage patina to it but looks to be surface for the most part

Here's a few pics that i have just taken, it is in the hallway :lol: :thumb:

P1020685.JPG

P1020686.JPG

P1020687.JPG

P1020688.JPG

Well it looks like it has a vintage patina to it but looks to be surface for the most part

Yes it is, there is no rot just surface, thinking of keeping the rat look and just do a clear epoxy sealer and satin clear coat laquer.

You put it in the hallway @dynax? :shock:

Holy shit......most of us here would get hell on earth if we did that!

Even more so with the state on that thing!

Yeah there isn't much room in there, i will be moving to the shed this morning, i only brought it in so it was out of the car :thumb:

Been thinking about the colour scheme, and regarding the current patina the general consensus seems to be to leave as is without any coatings, this would be simpler but also more care would be needed with cleaning and applying some form of wax or polish quite regularly, but i am quite drawn to giving it a full on paint job and maybe going with a matt green for the main frame and tank etc, then doing the rest in satin black like the wheels and hubs, handlebars and engine casings, the other bits like engine block and exhaust in a uht matt black finish :thumb:

Been thinking about the colour scheme, and regarding the current patina the general consensus seems to be to leave as is without any coatings, this would be simpler but also more care would be needed with cleaning and applying some form of wax or polish quite regularly, but i am quite drawn to giving it a full on paint job and maybe going with a matt green for the main frame and tank etc, then doing the rest in satin black like the wheels and hubs, handlebars and engine casings, the other bits like engine block and exhaust in a uht matt black finish :thumb:

whagiphy.gif.3022c5dedcf3875a55ccdbe039d35d80.gif