Thoughts on buying a new Lexmoto?

Jaups20

The other point is relationship with the biking community. Took my Lexmoto to a local biker garage and was treated like a muppet, same garage 18months later with a big none Chinese bike I get treated like one of the gang even thought I stuffed up on trying repairs myself.

And even without getting into the Chinese bike stuff, Lexmoto are just shite company. Their warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on, and the dealers in their network are a bunch of shameless cowboys. And going back to the Chinese bike stuff... trust me, you'll find yourself trying to rely on the dealers and the warranty a whole lot if you buy Lexmoto. Not just for the reliability but also for the ridiculously small service intervals. I don't exaggerate when I say I literally spent every single weekend going to the dealer either for a repair or a service.

I wouldn't buy another Made In China bike. Much as I love my YS it's had a number of issues and returns to the dealer (starter solenoid, clocks, broken temp sensor). EML has come back on again within the past week, yet another return. Oh and did I mention the rust rust rust...

A big fan of Yamaha's products (all Japanese bikes really) but not a fan of the Chinese quality. Next time I'll either 1) save up for something Made In Japan/UK/Etc or 2) buy a used version of 1).

I wouldn't buy another Made In China bike. Much as I love my YS it's had a number of issues and returns to the dealer (starter solenoid, clocks, broken temp sensor). EML has come back on again within the past week, yet another return. Oh and did I mention the rust rust rust...

A big fan of Yamaha's products (all Japanese bikes really) but not a fan of the Chinese quality. Next time I'll either 1) save up for something Made In Japan/UK/Etc or 2) buy a used version of 1).

Yamaha YBR 125's are made in China .

Yamaha YBR 125's are made in China .

Yep, so is the YS125 that succeeded the YBR. I like it but as I say the quality's not great. I'm not sure if there are any 125s that aren't Chinese made these days.

Even though made in China I believe the quality of the Japanese bikes built there still far surpasses the likes of lexmoto, Sinnis etc.

higher quality metals, better fault tolerances, decent electrical components....... :popcorn: