Thoughts on buying a new Lexmoto?

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
Old-codger
Subscriber
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Thoughts on buying a new Lexmoto?

Post by Old-codger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:44 am

I wouldn`t buy anything chinese at the minute they have done enough damage to the world already without giving them your hard earned money for a pile of utter rusting before your eyes crap. Buy a VanVan every time but its a free world and its your money :tumble:

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2417 times
Been liked: 3978 times

Post by Six30 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 am

if you do make sure you get a deal on RAC or AA membership :thumb:

id go spend my money on a second hand honda or similar .
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Has liked: 2048 times
Been liked: 2743 times

Post by XTreme » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:08 am

Old-codger wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:44 am
I wouldn`t buy anything chinese at the minute they have done enough damage to the world already without giving them your hard earned money for a pile of utter rusting before your eyes crap. Buy a VanVan every time but its a free world and its your money :tumble:
Nailed in one!

From an engineering or quality standpoint there is no justification in buying a Chinese motorcycle! It's no secret......it's all over the Net FFS! You may as well just flush your money down the shitter and cut out the middle man!

From a moral standpoint.......only a complete c*nt would buy anything Chinese after what they've done. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, economies are decimated, jobs are gone, homes are going to be lost, and the future looks bleak for many people.

Of course, they still want you to buy their cheap shit as if nothing has happened! Worldwide, everybody needs to boycott their shit, and personally I'd like to see a ban on imported Chinese goods everywhere.

Old-codger
Subscriber
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Old-codger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

XTreme wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:08 am
Old-codger wrote:
Nailed in one!

From an engineering or quality standpoint there is no justification in buying a Chinese motorcycle! It's no secret......it's all over the Net FFS! You may as well just flush your money down the shitter and cut out the middle man!

From a moral standpoint.......only a complete c*nt would buy anything Chinese after what they've done. Hundreds of thousands of people are dead, economies are decimated, jobs are gone, homes are going to be lost, and the future looks bleak for many people.

Of course, they still want you to buy their cheap shit as if nothing has happened! Worldwide, everybody needs to boycott their shit, and personally I'd like to see a ban on imported Chinese goods everywhere.
Well said that man I couldn`t of put it better myself. I vote for Xtreme for President or if not perhaps Dictator. :cheers:

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Has liked: 2048 times
Been liked: 2743 times

Post by XTreme » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 am

Old-codger wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am
Well said that man I couldn`t of put it better myself. I vote for Xtreme for President or if not perhaps Dictator. :cheers:
Yeh.....but we can't get our shit together on Bantams though! :lol:

Bender
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2388 times

Post by Bender » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:18 am

Old-codger wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am
XTreme wrote:
Old-codger wrote:
Nailed in one!

That would make his title

President of the Democratic peoples Republic of the motorbike forum.

Or twat for short 😁
Bite my shiny metal ass..

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Post by fastbob » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:25 am

XTreme wrote:
Old-codger wrote:
Nailed in one!

And now they have identified a strain of Swine Flu that can transfer to humans . Oh brilliant !

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 366 times
Been liked: 747 times

Post by skyrider » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 am

it is time a new british manufacturer got busy making small/ mid sized bikes at reasonable money with above all reliability and doesn't rust in front of our eyes :wink: our lot have had their pants taken down for far too long :spank:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

fastbob

Post by fastbob » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm

skyrider wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 am
it is time a new british manufacturer got busy making small/ mid sized bikes at reasonable money with above all reliability and doesn't rust in front of our eyes :wink: our lot have had their pants taken down for far too long :spank:
They would never get them down to Chinese prices .

Tiggie
Bike(s): Nothing :-(
Has liked: 1644 times
Been liked: 1690 times

Post by Tiggie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:29 pm

And if they did it would be because they used parts made in China thus defeating the object of rust/reliability :roll:
Get your official TMBF snood/buff here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73218

Play nice or I'll wake Rennie up. And nobody wants that!!

James in Brum
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 401 times

Post by James in Brum » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:21 pm

The other point is relationship with the biking community. Took my Lexmoto to a local biker garage and was treated like a muppet, same garage 18months later with a big none Chinese bike I get treated like one of the gang even thought I stuffed up on trying repairs myself.
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

RantMachine
Bike(s): None... for now
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 628 times

Post by RantMachine » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:22 am

And even without getting into the Chinese bike stuff, Lexmoto are just shite company. Their warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on, and the dealers in their network are a bunch of shameless cowboys. And going back to the Chinese bike stuff... trust me, you'll find yourself trying to rely on the dealers and the warranty a whole lot if you buy Lexmoto. Not just for the reliability but also for the ridiculously small service intervals. I don't exaggerate when I say I literally spent every single weekend going to the dealer either for a repair or a service.
Disclaimer: RantMachine don't know shit

125cc
Bike(s): Yamaha YS125
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by 125cc » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm

I wouldn't buy another Made In China bike. Much as I love my YS it's had a number of issues and returns to the dealer (starter solenoid, clocks, broken temp sensor). EML has come back on again within the past week, yet another return. Oh and did I mention the rust rust rust...

A big fan of Yamaha's products (all Japanese bikes really) but not a fan of the Chinese quality. Next time I'll either 1) save up for something Made In Japan/UK/Etc or 2) buy a used version of 1).
Perpetual 125cc Pilot. I'm slooooooow. Get over it :booty:

fastbob

Post by fastbob » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm

125cc wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm
I wouldn't buy another Made In China bike. Much as I love my YS it's had a number of issues and returns to the dealer (starter solenoid, clocks, broken temp sensor). EML has come back on again within the past week, yet another return. Oh and did I mention the rust rust rust...

A big fan of Yamaha's products (all Japanese bikes really) but not a fan of the Chinese quality. Next time I'll either 1) save up for something Made In Japan/UK/Etc or 2) buy a used version of 1).
Yamaha YBR 125's are made in China .

125cc
Bike(s): Yamaha YS125
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by 125cc » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:39 pm

fastbob wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm
125cc wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Yamaha YBR 125's are made in China .
Yep, so is the YS125 that succeeded the YBR. I like it but as I say the quality's not great. I'm not sure if there are any 125s that aren't Chinese made these days.
Perpetual 125cc Pilot. I'm slooooooow. Get over it :booty:

Return to “Motorbike Chat”