Lockdown on TMBF!

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 401 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by James in Brum » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm

@fastbob have you had a chance at an antibody test yet?
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

fastbob
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by fastbob » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm

James in Brum wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm
@fastbob have you had a chance at an antibody test yet?
I don't even think they've invented one yet . I've looked online and didn't see anything . Maybe you could point me in the right direction .

Old-codger
Subscriber
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 pm
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by Old-codger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:42 pm

Antibody tests are being done on frontline workers first, my partner has had one (Negative ) and my nephew who works at a hospital in the midlands had one to. He came back positive and talking to him he had been really rough at the end of February. The tests are not 100% accurate and can take up to 3 weeks to come back.

Old-codger
Subscriber
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 pm
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by Old-codger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm

I think Superdrug started selling an antibody test kit for about 80 quid but dont know if it was any good or the same as the one nhs England are using.

James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 401 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by James in Brum » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm

fastbob wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm
James in Brum wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm
@fastbob have you had a chance at an antibody test yet?
I don't even think they've invented one yet . I've looked online and didn't see anything . Maybe you could point me in the right direction .
I have had one through work (negative) so they exist. I wonder if it is worth asking at work for you or through the Union?
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

fastbob
Posts: 7669
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 3684 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by fastbob » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 pm

James in Brum wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm
fastbob wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm
James in Brum wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm
@fastbob have you had a chance at an antibody test yet?
I don't even think they've invented one yet . I've looked online and didn't see anything . Maybe you could point me in the right direction .
I have had one through work (negative) so they exist. I wonder if it is worth asking at work for you or through the Union?
Anything that steers me in the right direction would be welcome . I find a lot of C19 sites to very unhelpful and I'm usually pretty good at finding what I want online .

James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 401 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by James in Brum » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm

I’ll ask at my work but I also mean about you asking your work and or your Union. You are front line staff in a government agency after all! Not a homeopath I grant you.
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

User avatar
Tiggie
Moderator
Posts: 4177
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Nothing :-(
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Has liked: 1644 times
Been liked: 1690 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by Tiggie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:24 pm

My wife has had one through work (NHS) and it came back negative. That really surprised us both as she was really ill a couple of weeks or so before lockdown, all symptoms pointed to covid. :?

There has been a few reports of people with confirmed covid cases having negative antibodies after being tested so who knows :scratch:
Get your official TMBF snood/buff here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73218

Play nice or I'll wake Rennie up. And nobody wants that!!

User avatar
Snod Blatter
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): CBX250RS-E CB250N Two Fifty TRX850 K100RS Z250SL
Location: Leicester
Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 353 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by Snod Blatter » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:03 pm

And lo, Leicester looks to be the first place in the UK to have a local lockdown - current rules will last for an extra 2 weeks after July 4th, while non-essential shops will now shut and the schools will close again on Thursday. Quite what this means exactly, and quite what the area affected is, nobody knows.. And what happens if you live in Leicester but commute away from it? Or commute into Leicester?

News article here, I'll stay in unless I need to go out as per the government's standard advice. If only we'd been more alert! :roll:
Image

User avatar
JackieOWheels
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki RF600R
Location: Glasgow
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 162 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by JackieOWheels » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Are these scan results able to tell the person if they have ever had it in the past or only if they have it currently? So like if said person is perfectly fine now and shows no symptoms, what happens on these situations?
Ride safe everyone, hope to see you all out there!

James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 401 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by James in Brum » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:50 pm

The antibody tests do not say that a person has or has not got it, rather a positive results shows that a person has had it.
There is some doubt as to whether coming back negative is evidence of having not had it.
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

User avatar
JackieOWheels
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki RF600R
Location: Glasgow
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 162 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by JackieOWheels » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Oh, if that's the case, makes the test pretty pointless then does it not?
Ride safe everyone, hope to see you all out there!

James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 401 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by James in Brum » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm

They are useful for some degree of epidemiological study. For example there was evidence of silent spreaders in theNHS at a higher proportion than expected of other populations and as such the guidance around PPE has changed.
Also as I understand it we do not know that the lack of anti-bodies means no exposure/history but we di know that we can be sure those that test positive have had it.

Understanding the difference between those who we would think have had it by symptoms but no positive test is a further building of evidence.

I think... :-)
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

Richzx6r
Posts: 3826
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Challenge score: 30
Has liked: 3587 times
Been liked: 1203 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by Richzx6r » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:39 am

James in Brum wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm
They are useful for some degree of epidemiological study. For example there was evidence of silent spreaders in theNHS at a higher proportion than expected of other populations and as such the guidance around PPE has changed.
Also as I understand it we do not know that the lack of anti-bodies means no exposure/history but we di know that we can be sure those that test positive have had it.

Understanding the difference between those who we would think have had it by symptoms but no positive test is a further building of evidence.

I think... :-)
You long me at epidemiological.........big words scare me :lol:
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
RantMachine
Posts: 6583
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): None... for now
Location: Denver, CO
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 628 times

Re: Lockdown on TMBF!

Post by RantMachine » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:23 am

Can I just say that things are going thoroughly great over here.
Gru.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disclaimer: RantMachine don't know shit

Image

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 11 guests