Additional led lights

Shepherd

Hi all,

Having a top box on my little cb125f obscures the rear light too much for my liking.

If I add one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Car-Motorcycle-48-LED-SMD-Running-Brake-Tail-Stop-Turn-Signal-Light-Bar-Strip/143629636724?hash=item2170fe5474:g:8BQAAOSwgaVe40sb

led bars to the back of the box, will it need an extra relay fitted somewhere, or will the led indicators just copy the standard ones fitted?

I'm think of just piggy backing from the existing wiring, to a connector plug for when the back box is removed.

Thanks in advance.

Shep

Best thing to do is not wire in the running light side of it ( dimmest red light) and just have brake and indicator connected ( or just brake)

People focus more on the top box light if the running light is on all the time and as they are quite bright any way it tends to mask any other light .

Best thing to do is not wire in the running light side of it ( dimmest red light) and just have brake and indicator connected ( or just brake)

People focus more on the top box light if the running light is on all the time and as they are quite bright any way it tends to mask any other light .

Smart thinking - many thanks :cheers:

Shep

I've used a bit of a leftover strip from my kitchen.

Fitted inside the red strip and works perfect as additional brake light.

The issue you will have is the connection from the bike to the box. I've got to the trouble to use 2 bolts as connectors so when I take the box out I don't have to unplug anything.

I'm sure that at some point I would forget to unplug it and damage the wiring.