Motorino Atala Rizzato

Took the front wheel off and stripped it ready for a serious bit of cleaning, i just hope it will polish up otherwise i will have to get a new rim, the spokes look okay and should clean up nicely :thumb:

P1020705.thumb.JPG.e8cec8785bcbdc1d1d94159b719139c4.JPG

P1020706.thumb.JPG.d9b6b32f6c72947c3b6b3a80d503aec3.JPG

Some parts arrived today, and a surprise deposit in the bank for my birthday so went and used it to buy a torque wrench, and here we have the first start and running of Florence :lol: :thumb:

That don't sound too bad, well done 👍

A few rattles but there is a lot of loose bits in places so to be expected, but such a relief that she runs, now i can start on it properly and get on the road :thumb:

Have the camera a bit more stable next time lol

Yeah it was a bit shaky with the vibrations, wooden floors :lol:

Shows how much power it has, or how rattly it is.

I found an original owners owners manual for it, and it has a huge 1.5 hp power output :lol: :thumb:

Beats walking

Barely.

I wish I could walk with the power of a whole horse and a half 😂

I wonder if i could ride it without the engine running through a pedestrian zone like cyclists can :lol: :thumb:

Barely.

I wish I could walk with the power of a whole horse and a half 😂

I wonder if i could ride it without the engine running through a pedestrian zone like cyclists can :lol: :thumb:

yeh sure, get someone to video it though :D

I won't lie, when I was watching that video, for a moment I thought the bike was going to explode with all the vibrations it was doing to the camera, lol.

It probably looked worse than it actually was :lol: , i had to start it with the throttle partially open and this afternoon will have a go with the idle adjustment and see if i can get it to tick over better as i also need to see how bright the light are, as i might install a battery to smooth out the power to the lights :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

Yeah it was a bit shaky with the vibrations, wooden floors :lol:

Shows how much power it has, or how rattly it is.

I found an original owners owners manual for it, and it has a huge 1.5 hp power output :lol: :thumb:

I'd say you could go for land speed records with that power

Ordered a replacement air filter and cover, the wheels however are too far gone to polish up, i could buy some new rims but at over £40 a time i will make do with what i have and either clean them up best i can, or possibly paint them in satin black i haven't decided yet, i will need to buy some new rubber as it is so adding rims to the budget is going too far, had it running again and the lights work surprisingly well, had the headlamp bezel off and it looks as though a sidelight bulb is missing it looks like it holds a torpedo type, will have a look online for a schematic if i can find one, well that's it for now really till i decide on the wheels :thumb:

Just ordered the tyres, inner tubes and rim tape £72 inc courier delivery so not too bad for both wheels, that i hope is the last of the big spending, with the purchase price of the bike i am now into £297 :thumb:

Update: Florence is not a Califfo De Luxe she is in fact a Motorino Atala Rizzato and dates back to the 1960's possibly late 50's :lol: :thumb:

Edited by dynax

Update: Florence is not a Califfo De Luxe she is in fact a Atala Rizzato and dates back to the 1960's possibly late 50's :lol: :thumb:

So what's the new name? Mona?

No she is stil Florence, and i think i can date her at 1967 :lol: :thumb:

Update: Florence is not a Califfo De Luxe she is in fact a Motorino Atala Rizzato and dates back to the 1960's possibly late 50's :lol: :thumb:

Not knowing anything about them what does that mean, is it rarer, more valuable?

Not knowing anything about them what does that mean, is it rarer, more valuable?

possibly! but it does make her a 60's model rather than the later 70's and seems quite rare in the UK but still a few around in Italy :thumb: