The way we were .

fastbob

What on earth is that?

I believe its a James Cadet !

It is quite possible I am wrong lol.

Cheers

Ian

I believe it's a D1 Bantam!! My mate got one in his garage!! Been there 25 years, got it out and running 2 years ago! His missus was over the Moon :D

Until I took it back :x She thought he was going to sell it :roll: No chance of that I thought, stays in there with the other 3 bikes!!

I thought that too !

Till I zoomed in and saw "James" on the tank.

Very similar but definately not a D1 exhaust and my old D1 had a squeezy horn up through the steering stem.

Still happy to be wrong though as I am used to it.

Cheers

Ian

What on earth is that?

Cheers

Ian

I believe it's a D1 Bantam!! My mate got one in his garage!! Been there 25 years, got it out and running 2 years ago! His missus was over the Moon :D

Until I took it back :x She thought he was going to sell it :roll: No chance of that I thought, stays in there with the other 3 bikes!!

I thought that too !

Very similar but definately not a D1 exhaust and my old D1 had a squeezy horn up through the steering stem.

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

I thought that too !

Cheers

Ian

Having found this on the net I would say its a Bantam D1.

183224.thumb.jpg.2401a14fdc6f7c77eb6e8131270213ae.jpg

I thought that too !

Cheers

Ian

Having found this on the net I would say its a Bantam D1.

183224.jpg

Well found !

I would say you are right.

Cheers

Ian

Not me, my parents, on their way to Devon. Dad wore the helmet, mother the gloves. It is about 1962.

46517628114_a6665679af_c.jpg

What on earth is that?

Cheers

Ian

It is a BSA Bantam 125cc, in the form that was built for the post office, because my father wanted the leg protectors and panniers. There is one in post office colours in the Riverside Transport Museum in Glasgow.

Not me, my parents, on their way to Devon. Dad wore the helmet, mother the gloves. It is about 1962.

46517628114_a6665679af_c.jpg

Good on them if they rode that from Scotland to Devon! When men were men and women were tough.

My parents are English and met at Sheffield University. I checked and now it is a 278 mile trip that would take around 5 hours. What I cannot get over is mother not bothering with a helmet! But apparently cruising speed was 40mph.

6638B352-EEDB-43FC-8661-D093A0C5CE3A.jpeg

My much modified Le Mans 11 in Brussels on the Eurodemo, no idea of the year.

Used to.lust after a Guzzi Le Mans back in 1978. Could never afford one. Now I'm old and sensible I just admire them from afar.

6638B352-EEDB-43FC-8661-D093A0C5CE3A.jpeg

My much modified Le Mans 11 in Brussels on the Eurodemo, no idea of the year.

Used to.lust after a Guzzi Le Mans back in 1978. Could never afford one. Now I'm old and sensible I just admire them from afar.

I had two, and a T3, and a G5. They’re big money now. I haven’t ridden one for probably 25 years. I wonder if I’d like one now?