new to biking with a problem

wiltshirebiker

Hi guys and gals,

So as the title says new to biking here. I made the mistake on starting my biking journey on a Chinese 125. A KSR Moto Worx 125. No end of problems with this bike. Under powered, unreliable, parts are hard to find and knowledge is too now, I apparently come to find. By any chance has anyone had one of these, or just so happen to know the oil capacity of the front forks? I found 3 manuals online, none of them have ever helped for what I've had go wrong with this bike. Now this is the 2nd forum I've signed up to try and find out.

I will say its not put me off riding, It's driving me harder to do my DAS and get a big boy bike. For the time this bike will have to do, so will to look after it the best I can.

I will say though, anyone wanting to get a Chinese bike. Avoid them. Not wanting to wind anyone up about it. Just my opinion and no offence is intended.

If they've not leaked you could measure what comes out and put the same back in. Or you could look at the air gap in forks from similar bikes set it by that and if they're too soft add a bit more oil, if they're too firm take a bit out.

If they've not leaked you could measure what comes out and put the same back in. Or you could look at the air gap in forks from similar bikes set it by that and if they're too soft add a bit more oil, if they're too firm take a bit out.

Thanks for the quick replies.

so this the idea I had. The guy I have helping me is OCD so didn't want to do it like this.

I'm going to man up and tell him I cant find the info so will have to be done like this as a final resort I think. I've been looking for 2 days now with no hope. Think my kids could find the answer to this in 5 minutes if it was a GSXR or a Ninja.

I will say though, anyone wanting to get a Chinese bike. Avoid them. Not wanting to wind anyone up about it. Just my opinion and no offence is intended.

Hi!

We tell people this all the time! In fact I'm glad you posted what you did.......now we can just link your experience of them instead of us having to engage in any dialogue about the bloody things.

Hi welcome :cheers:

For most bikes the amount of fork oil will depend on the size of the forks and the gap between the top of the oil and the top of the fork.

For heavier bikes it seems to be a 50 to 60mm gap. being yours a lot lighter I would assume the gap doesn't need to be so big.

Have you look at the inside and see if there is a mark for the level? It should sit around 50 to 20mm (guessing here).

Being a Xi-ping bike :lol: I don't know if the fork is adjustable so the amount of oil you put in can have a working margin as you can fine tune it afterwards.

The worst can happen is that you will end up with a stiffer or softer suspension and then you will need to add or remove oil.

Whatever you do just make sure you measure the gap every time you make a change. :thumb:

I've started watching this youtube series out of idle curiosity, it popped up as a suggested video on YouTube. Interesting to watch a mechanic get a cheap Chinese scooter (off Amazon..... :shock: ), put it together and try to service it properly and see what happens.

Honestly guys I didn't want to start an argument about what bikes are better than other bikes. Just my experiences.

I will add to this though. A mate has a Keeway Superlight. really bad electrics, bad brakes, nuts and bolts vibrating loose, ordered parts direct from china. Bad customer service, parts not arriving or damaged. (Not necessarily the dealers fault I know). But wish I spent an extra £400-500 on a Japanese bike.

As before I don't mean to spark anyone's arousal and apologies to anyone that disagrees with me. And I'm not a 17 year old on my first CBT. I've been driving for 11 years, so understand not all vehicles are the same. But I cannot recommend a Chinese bike to anyone after these two bikes. Honestly I'm just after knowledge.

Thanks again for the advice. I'll get back to the guy that is helping me. He will have to bite the bullet. One of them has leaked so it needs doing.

Honestly guys I didn't want to start an argument about what bikes are better than other bikes. Just my experiences.

I will add to this though. A mate has a Keeway Superlight. really bad electrics, bad brakes, nuts and bolts vibrating loose, ordered parts direct from china. Bad customer service, parts not arriving or damaged. (Not necessarily the dealers fault I know). But wish I spent an extra £400-500 on a Japanese bike.

As before I don't mean to spark anyone's arousal and apologies to anyone that disagrees with me. And I'm not a 17 year old on my first CBT. I've been driving for 11 years, so understand not all vehicles are the same. But I cannot recommend a Chinese bike to anyone after these two bikes. Honestly I'm just after knowledge.

Thanks again for the advice. I'll get back to the guy that is helping me. He will have to bite the bullet. One of them has leaked so it needs doing.

I don't have an issue with people slagging down a particular brand, but tarring all with the same brush is not very sporting, it's like saying all german car drivers are w**kers because you had a smidsy with an Audi driver, my bike is chinese and have had no issues whatsover in the 17 months i have had it, yes i may have been lucky but many UM owners have had no issues either :cheers:

I don't have an issue with people slagging down a particular brand, but tarring all with the same brush is not very sporting, it's like saying all german car drivers are w**kers because you had a smidsy with an Audi driver, my bike is chinese and have had no issues whatsover in the 17 months i have had it, yes i may have been lucky but many UM owners have had no issues either :cheers:

Name me one Chinese bike or brand that matches Japanese levels of quality and reliability?

You can't.....because none exist! And they've had long enough to get their shit together!

Consequently tarring them with the same brush isn't "not very sporting"........it's reality! It's based on fact!

Name me one Chinese bike or brand that matches Japanese levels of quality and reliability?

You can't.....because none exist! And they've had long enough to get their shit together!

Consequently tarring them with the same brush isn't "not very sporting"........it's reality! It's based on fact!

I never mentioned about comparing to japanese i don't dispute that, there are however varying degrees of quality and often in the same factory where these machines are built to a budget, if you really want to have a go at someone then blame it on the importers and distributors they are the ones that set the standard, these are the ones that set the budget and the factories build to that budget, increase the budget and you get better quality, and biggest to blame are joe public they want everything for nothing, so at the end of the day dig deep spend more and get the quality and reliability you are wanting it's that simple :thumb:

That's cos you're a sensitive soul who treats your Xena politely whereas most of us thrash the tits off our bikes.😈

That's cos you're a sensitive soul who treats your Xena politely whereas most of us thrash the tits off our bikes.😈

Maybe living in a throwaway society hasn't helped with regard to looking after things like bikes, " oh it's okay it was only cheap i'll buy a new one" it's this attitude that has been the downfall of good quality products, and again it is Joe public that is mainly to blame, they don't want to spend and then take care of things to make them last, then when it breaks they blame others for their carelessness, it's about time people stopped bitching and get their fingers out and learn how to fix and repair things, so you have a bike with a rusty frame, well repaint the thing, it has dodgy electrics, learn how to use a multimeter, the more i think about it the more i get dismayed at the lack of actual ability of a large proportion of the human race who can't do jack except whinge :roll: i'm off now to play with some wheels and tighten some spokes up ready for the new rubber for Florence :lol: :thumb:

" oh it's okay it was only cheap i'll buy a new one"

This is a real problem and I've been guilty of it myself plenty of times :oops:

By and large I fix or repair things when they go wrong. The thing is sometimes it is so much more viable (due to being cheaper and easier) to just buy a new one.

I've never had an issue with the build quality of Dynax's Renegade or James in Brum's Lexmoto Falcon although I have seen some horrific Chinese bikes from when they first appeared . What I do have an issue with is the sheer DISHONESTY of these bikes . Strip all the bulky Harleyesque cladding off the Renegade and all you're left with is a stretched out CG125 . The Falcon is the reverse . It's a well made imitation of a CBR 125 with linked brakes , upside down forks and all the kit including the beam frame . But underneath the plastics is an imitation GS 125 engine* crudely bolted in place by some nasty looking brackets to what turns out to be a painted steel frame . I'm not suggesting that James or Dynax made uninformed choices but I just don't like the aggressive way that these bikes are styled and marketed to deceive the first time buyer into parting with their cash for all the wrong reasons . * Might be a CG , can't remember .

Edited by fastbob