What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

I like mine @XTreme. Measure and cut with scissors off the bike and put liquid soap on the inside to slip over 👍🏽

Yeh.....I've used them on all my bikes in recent years!

Had the Strom a year now and it only dawned on me the other day that I hadn't ordered them.

Do they really help with vibration, I Get pins and needles in my hands after a while will it help with that Extreme.

Maybe a bit but deffo not a silver bullet

Prepared bike for winter hibernation, sorn it, did not renew insurance connected to ctek. In few days it’s time to go back to ship. :crybaby:

Hopefully sods law means it'll be sunny from now on then. Which is good for the rest of us.

Hope it will be for all bikers but also for me, as ship is now in Liverpool and if doesn’t stay there it will be in Belfast,

Guest Richzx6r

Just set the clock to the right time :thumb:

Hope it is same as in Huddersfield :scratch:

Nah huddersfield runs on it's own time

Prepared bike for winter hibernation, sorn it, did not renew insurance connected to ctek. In few days it’s time to go back to ship. :crybaby:

Hopefully sods law means it'll be sunny from now on then. Which is good for the rest of us.

Hope it will be for all bikers but also for me, as ship is now in Liverpool and if doesn’t stay there it will be in Belfast,

So still no cruises then? I'm supposed to be joining in Rotterdam around 18th then no doubt off to some West African hell hole.

So still no cruises then? I'm supposed to be joining in Rotterdam around 18th then no doubt off to some West African hell hole.

No nothing yet, and look like not so soon, I hope it will start in next 6 months otherwise ships will go cold layups and I really don’t want to look for new job.

In an indirect way this was for the bike :)

Almost all materials are recycled.

Base and stand come from an old bed frame

Connection wires, cable and plug were around the garage.

Front panel from 9mm plywood bit

Rear from some chipwood

red bits were the mattress support plywood bits.

Isn't showing the fixing for the lights box to the metal stand, but it was taken from the leftover bits resulting from cutting the roof box for the trailer ;)

Only had to buy the bulbs at £1 each and some more soldering wire because I was running out. :)

Not bad for a really bright lighting. Now I can see what I'm doing :lol:

I really hope that frame is earthed

Last week finished of the GS 125 exhaust repair.

1147636931_patchedandpainted-2.thumb.JPG.772683ca6c8a7d846c3a0fbc1c05cef9.JPG179924843_Onbikefinished.thumb.JPG.24256b76ec490f449166cf81027f5c77.JPG

see how long it lasts. Recon it may survive the winter.

Also yesterday finished the Z500 engine rebuild, ready to heave into frame.

654724233_Enginereadytofit.thumb.JPG.5851376489030ed1be13f4dfaf3edf43.JPG

rob

Rear from some chipwood

Isn't showing the fixing for the lights box to the metal stand, but it was taken from the leftover bits resulting from cutting the roof box for the trailer ;)

Only had to buy the bulbs at £1 each and some more soldering wire because I was running out. :)

What kind of electrical engineer do you think I am? :P

Rear from some chipwood

What kind of electrical engineer do you think I am? :P

A living one :lol: :shock:

nice use of laying around stuff. love it

Had my first rush hour commute to work. Thankfully the traffic still isn't what it used to be, but made it there and back in one piece.

Feeling accomplished. :shock:

Fish

Finally a day when it's not forecast to rain, so once it stopped raining I set about the K again. This is turning into a long job!

Firstly put on some

Right, these injection hoses then..

https://i.imgur.com/FiecPWE.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/CN3vgRp.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/SqFx8QK.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

You get the idea. Cheap Chinese hose is everywhere (like what this is) but I promised myself I'd fit some proper stuff if I ever ended up doing it again. This hose is 4 years old but was cracking after 2 (never think bike MOTs aren't a complete joke). Behold, some difficult-to-find-in-the-UK decent hose!

https://i.imgur.com/e040Yzg.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Ahhh so much better..

https://i.imgur.com/OrDBPB8.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

The bike has smelled of fuel quite strongly for a while now, especially on hot days. Much to my amusement all the hoses I took off were bone dry inside, perhaps I'll get better MPG now too! While the tank was off I thought I'd have a look see at why the auxiliary power connector Hella doodad didn't work, it's not worked for as longas I've owned the bike because the ground wire isn't connected. This'll be it then..

https://i.imgur.com/tjXoRmU.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Sadly there are no free grounds in the electrical box so I ran a wire to the main ground under the tank. Now I can power a sat nav for a pair of heated gloves if I get a connector to fit, that'd be neat.

https://i.imgur.com/0zY8zbo.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

I also changed the coolant because apparently it's been 4.5 years. I even wire brushed the corrosion off the temperature sensor which doubles as the plug so maybe the temperature gauge will work again now. All that's left to do now is to refit the puzzle of a fairing, phew.

Went out, got wet, came back and got round to fitting Grip Puppies to both bikes.

The instruction to use soapy water didn't work. It needed some neat washing up liquid to slide them on. I have a vision of disappearing in a mountain of froth next time it rains.

Went out, got wet, came back and got round to fitting Grip Puppies to both bikes.

The instruction to use soapy water didn't work. It needed some neat washing up liquid to slide them on. I have a vision of disappearing in a mountain of froth next time it rains.

Mine done too.....if you'd asked me I'd have told you the trick.

Grips in hot soapy water to soften, smear inside and on bar with neat washing up liquid!

Then pour loads of clean cold water on them once they're on.......and then dry them as much as you can by squeezing with a towel.

When there's no sign of soap coming through you're good to go.

Still a sweaty job in 40 degree temps though.......I need a cold shower now!

IMG_20200707_202104.thumb.jpg.dedcbc8cda0bae91c51f674549ddfedb.jpg

Mine done too.....if you'd asked me I'd have told you the trick.

Grips in hot soapy water to soften, smear inside and on bar with neat washing up liquid!

Then pour loads of clean cold water on them once they're on.......and then dry them as much as you can by squeezing with a towel.

When there's no sign of soap coming through you're good to go.

Still a sweaty job in 40 degree temps though.......I need a cold shower now!

Well I did most of that except the pouring on loads of clean water afterwards, on account of it pouring down here. Given the forecast I might just go for a ride tomorrow, that will wash it all out.

First ride today with the Grip Puppies....

On the disappointing side, no semi-clad young ladies threw themselves at me, nor did a magic beer lorry appear or a lifetime supply of free Jaffa Cakes.

However, on the more positive side I did notice an immediate increase in comfort, not only reduced vibration but also the grip fitting my hand better. I've often had white finger on longer rides and also cramp, and my hands aren't that big. With the Grip Puppies the throttle in particular feels so much nicer.

Whether it is the lack of vibration or comfier feel to the grips but I found my confidence in the bike's road holding much more predictable. The salt works where they dig out rock salt for the roads is round the corner from us and that road is always greasy and slippery. I usually tippy toe round the bends on that section as the bike always feels squirmy underneath me. Not today - it just feels so much nicer.

Amazing difference from two little bits of foam tubing.

First ride today with the Grip Puppies....

On the disappointing side, no semi-clad young ladies threw themselves at me, nor did a magic beer lorry appear or a lifetime supply of free Jaffa Cakes.

However, on the more positive side I did notice an immediate increase in comfort, not only reduced vibration but also the grip fitting my hand better. I've often had white finger on longer rides and also cramp, and my hands aren't that big. With the Grip Puppies the throttle in particular feels so much nicer.

Whether it is the lack of vibration or comfier feel to the grips but I found my confidence in the bike's road holding much more predictable. The salt works where they dig out rock salt for the roads is round the corner from us and that road is always greasy and slippery. I usually tippy toe round the bends on that section as the bike always feels squirmy underneath me. Not today - it just feels so much nicer.

Amazing difference from two little bits of foam tubing.

I had grip puppies on my last bike and you're right they make a big difference. Need to order some for my latest bike.

Another Day.......Another Oil and Filter Change!

And I managed to get Motul this time! What a difference......engine purrs and tickover has dropped!

Now I know you can always feel a difference when you change the oil.......as it's old v new.

But the Repsol had only been in there for 5 months, and had done only 1800kms/1100 miles.

Surprisingly, all went well.....no disasters! Except for managing to burn my finger on the downpipe! :(

IMG_20200708_144319.thumb.jpg.90b258c4908a0ffece9e7f4eddfb598f.jpg

IMG_20200708_153545.thumb.jpg.4c04559a52b4e80890586dc3505e0932.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Yes...it works :mrgreen: my first video posting

just because you have a new camera doesn't mean you have to ride everywhere with your knee down.

(bloody kids)

That was just a gentle bimble I have no idea what you are talking about :(

Some rugged individualism keeping you casuals going :P

Now I hope this video works......

You need to get it higher and level it off Rich.

And what quality is it set to?