How long wait for new bike delivery

Motorcyclesrule1

Hi People,

Just wanted your thoughts on my dilemma.. Ordered a new BMW, March 14th `20, promised April 21st, obviously Covid said no, then told last week in May, then first two weeks in June, then last two weeks in June, asked what was happening on June 18th, they said it was leaving factory today, on its way to me.Be here for first two weeks in July, got in touch today and its not left factory yet! I emailed back to say about the previous June 18th email, and was told its at the port waiting for a boat. Another two to three week wait!!!

What would you do?.. not had any emails unless I contacted them, poor all round...

And yes, I`m an old man so BMW suits me..

Thanks

Dunno if there's much you can do, but some of the others will no doubt already be hammering some creative ideas into their keyboards.

If it were me I'd write a pen-and-ink letter to explain how unhappy I was, how disappointed in the BMW brand (this is a key phrase that they're trained to watch out for; it sets them up for what's coming next...) and that, in consideration for the inconvenience you've incurred, and as a token of their goodwill, you'd like the (first and second service / Navigator VI / quickshifter)* free.

Which dealer is it?

* delete as appropriate

What bonio said and make sure you find someone high up to deal with, MD, head of sales or whatever they might be. Explain the issues and what you would like as a resolution.

Not a bike but similar

I ordered a new van at end of Feb I think. It's been so long now I have lost interest, been put back and back and errr back, now been told end of August so might as well wait till new reg in Sept I'm not actually believing it will be ready then.

Things are unfortunately very screwed up, not just with the workforce but logistics and supply chains.

Just accept it and chill or go see about cancellation but I doubt you really want to do that.

They were willing to cancel my order and give a refund but I would just end up in the same boat, the van I want ain't in stock and ain't had a batch built yet.

Dunno if there's much you can do, but some of the others will no doubt already be hammering some creative ideas into their keyboards.

If it were me I'd write a pen-and-ink letter to explain how unhappy I was, how disappointed in the BMW brand (this is a key phrase that they're trained to watch out for; it sets them up for what's coming next...) and that, in consideration for the inconvenience you've incurred, and as a token of their goodwill, you'd like the (first and second service / Navigator VI / quickshifter)* free.

Which dealer is it?

* delete as appropriate

Good advice from [mention]bonio[/mention] I would make sure the letter goes to the dealer (Sales Manager and if possible area Manager) and acopy tohead of Sales and Marketing at BMW UK.

Personally I would probably cc Motor Cycle News just in case they bother to open their post just a thought but I don't believe they have the kudos or market respect they used to.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers

Ian

Hi People,

Just out of interest I called a couple of other BMW dealers, to see how long they reckon for this model, both said around 8 to 10 weeks, so to be fair, including lockdown, its not far off, but, its the `lies`, of its coming at this time, no, this time that has peed me off most..

Thanks for replies