Electric motorbike?

Husci

Its also the degradation of batteries that gets me. My petrol lawnmower is approx 5 years old, works the same as when I bought it. I can't see 5 year old batteries giving me the same performance :lol:

It'll all go electric at some point though. Whether we want it or not :lol:

I might try an experiment later with a premix of methylated spirits and 2T oil and see if Florence will run on it, if she will i will become a moonshiner :lol: :thumb:

Its also the degradation of batteries that gets me. My petrol lawnmower is approx 5 years old, works the same as when I bought it. I can't see 5 year old batteries giving me the same performance :lol:

I might try an experiment later with a premix of methylated spirits and 2T oil and see if Florence will run on it, if she will i will become a moonshiner :lol: :thumb:

Go the whole hog and try whisky or vodka !

Meths is a distinctive smell and I predict you would get laughed at or nicked lol.

Cheers

Ian

Go the whole hog and try whisky or vodka !

Meths is a distinctive smell and I predict you would get laughed at or nicked lol.

Cheers

Ian

Not a high enough proof, will need at least 120% proof and alcohol of atleast 95% pure, most denatured alcohol is above 99% pure :thumb:

I'd happily try out an electric bike and wouldn't write them off until I had.

One fact is people keep thinking of journeys that make them unusable, but truth be told they don't go on those journeys often (this includes car journeys)

As I understand the biggest issues from a friend who works in the electric car industry, the fragmentation of charging stations/hookup types is an issue. But let's say tomorrow I want to take an electric vehicle on a 200 mile journey. It's highly likely I will want to stop for a break anyway. With a touch of forward planning on where to stop it wouldn't be difficult to find a suitable place.

I can imagine the "road warrior" sales person will find it more of an issue if they're doing such long journeys daily, but most of our journeys are well within the range of an EV.

I remember not being a fan of cordless powertools as I just assumed they couldn't do the job a corded one could do :lol: :oops:

I'd be lost without my Ryobi one power tools that are great and the batteries go for ages!

Just like my hedge trimmer I have just bought!

I specifically got a ryobi one as I have a drill with 2 batteries already and didn't want the hassle of wires!

I like the ryobi tools so I am starting to collect them

I got a bargain though! £83 for body only or £84 with a battery and charger!

So I now have 3 batteries and 2 chargers :lol:

I don't get why there is so much negativity about electric be it bikes or power tools! it is the way forward the only downside is the thieves now have powerful tools!

Yes it will be the norm I think I'll be holding off until the range improves a bit or the charging time reduces then I'll be taking a serious interest.

My Ryobi palm sander and circular saws were the same a bargain on the bodies from eBay and invaluble

We started using the Stihl battery stuff at my old work. The brush cutter was hopeless but the blower, hedge trimmer were brilliant. The chainsaw wasn't quite at replace petrol standard bit great for lots of jobs. Stick one down by the chipper and anytime you need to trim something just pick up and go, then pop back down, instantly ready. Definitely the way forward with that stuff. Quieter, less emissions, less vibration.

I'd have an electric bike if the range increased, the charge times were reasonable and the price came down. The handling and acceleration is apparently awesome so what's not to like? I like the noise of my Ducati but it's not an essential part of riding the bike for me.

an electric bike :roll: your not a biker if you choose to buy an electric bike, your a lefty tree hugging twat .

could a mod close this thread now please .

Why? have you not got the power?

[mention]Tiggie[/mention] [mention]Bender[/mention] you seen this shit :lol: :lol:

an electric bike :roll: your not a biker if you choose to buy an electric bike, your a lefty tree hugging twat .

Thats the difference theres a choice at the moment! its petrol for me at the min but when the time comes then we will have to move over at some point :?

@Tiggie @Bender you seen this shit :lol: :lol:

them two are to busy moving pianos down flights of stairs....

Thats the difference theres a choice at the moment! its petrol for me at the min but when the time comes then we will have to move over at some point :?

most of us will be dead when there is no choice

most of us will be dead when there is no choice

Some of us wont be :lol:

@Tiggie @Bender you seen this shit :lol: :lol:

them two are to busy moving pianos down flights of stairs....

I'm more of a Harold Lloyd fan

source.gif.cc591f185ad0d2b141b0d8b753eeba8a.gif

Harold Lloyd used to do all his own stunts on top of sky scrapers and such' stuff that for a game of soldiers i like my feet on the floor :? aint no one getting me to work high steel :|

Harold Lloyd used to do all his own stunts on top of sky scrapers and such' stuff that for a game of soldiers i like my feet on the floor :? aint no one getting me to work high steel :|

Yup and he only had one good hand too, he lost half of a hand and was temporary blinded early in his career in an accident , didn't stop him, he was great

If the electric bikes weren't such stupid money I'd consider one for my commute, 26 miles each way.We have a charging point at work already.

Would not be bothered about the twist and go experience as the Silverwing is like this and for a sedate ride to work is ideal, no going up and down the 6 speed box of the R1. The lack of engine noise wouldn't be an issue because the S'wing is so quiet anyway and what you can hear sounds sh1te.

On the electric bike ownership in general as said range, charging points and times are still an issue but weight of the bikes would be dissapointing, the Energica ego featured is 258kgs which is about 70kgs heavier than my R1.

I'm no bloody lefty and if I hug a tree it's to work out the size before I chainsaw it. Cheeky sod.🖕

I'm no bloody lefty and if I hug a tree it's to work out the size before I chainsaw it. Cheeky sod.🖕

hope its an electric chainsaw

hope its an electric chainsaw

I have one of them it's bloody great, sits all winter in the shed, starts first time every time with the simple push of a button, no petrol to go off, no carb to crud up, no filter, no cord to pull.

I'm not sure how I would feel about having an electric bike, I don't think they're quite there yet and I like the sound of an IC engine on a bike.

I'd have an electric car in a heartbeat though, quiet, quick, really enjoyed the drive I had in a Tesla.

As I said before its cost, range and rechargability that rule out electric vehicles in general. My wife was interested enough in the Tesla model 3 to pay a reservation fee of £1000 so we did get a test drive. However endless delays in delivery combined with spiralling costs made her cancel it. It was good to drive and from what I hear bikes are good to ride. But the range is barely a 100 miles! Recently I did close to 400 miles with 2 fuel stops in 8 hours - not viable on an electric bike. When they can seamlessly do what I want then I may consider one but until then they are for me a pipe dream.