Bike Breakdown

XTreme

No.....of course it's not the budget parts bin special!

That POS will probably outlast every other bike on this forum.......because Stroms are like turds that you can't flush!

The breakdown is one of those fashionable high price Euro bikes (KTM 690) owned by a Dutch mate of mine!

IMG_20200709_102926.thumb.jpg.cd39bdabd7cc585ea301419ef5412b2e.jpg

It failed the ITV (MOT) at the testing station just down the road.....then it wouldn't start. So he pushed it here hoping I had jump leads! Which I didn't!

He's now off to push it down the hill to a car garage that he uses and see if they can do something.

I'd just phone the Recovery Service included in my insurance and get it dropped off at Juan Cortes bike shop! But what do I know?

It's true what they say......buy Jap or get f*cked up the ass! Except in the case of Chinese bikes where you get disembowelled!

If its anything like the car garages around here then they'll shake their heads mouthing "don't touch bikes" before retreating into the back :roll:

He rang me up and said that it bump started going down the hill so he managed to get it back home!

Ordered new battery for it now!

If its anything like the car garages around here then they'll shake their heads mouthing "don't touch bikes" before retreating into the back :roll:

Most car garages in outback Spain will usually give anything a go, cars, bikes. tractors

Most car garages in outback Spain will usually give anything a go, cars, bikes. tractors

Yeh.....the smaller garages will look at anything! It's all money!

I read a report of a major manufacturer that relocated to Spain because of the culture of 'Can Do' attitude. Whereas in the UK the answer is 'No' before you've even asked the question.

Airbus, which is just about to lay of hundreds of people, wanted to build a roundabout outside their factory to ease the flow of traffic when shifts were changing. The local council did everything possible to prevent it and then delayed it as long as they could.

By contrast when the were looking for a place to assemble the aircraft the French moved an entire village so a road could be built that could carry the large components. In one place they left a house where the wing passes within inches of the windows. But the French got the final assembly factory and they have the jobs.

So I'm not surprised local garages will look at bikes if they are asked to.

Thats the attitude I have. cars,bikes,lawnmowers...... they all have engines :lol:

I am a tight Yorkshireman though so don't like paying people to do things I can do myself. Brother-In-Law was looking around my new shed last week and asked me who fitted the electrics? Same person who built it....me!

Only thing I'm not keen on doing is anything involving the roof as I'm not a fan of heights :shock:

Thats the attitude I have. cars,bikes,lawnmowers...... they all have engines :lol:

I am a tight Yorkshireman though so don't like paying people to do things I can do myself. Brother-In-Law was looking around my new shed last week and asked me who fitted the electrics? Same person who built it....me!

Only thing I'm not keen on doing is anything involving the roof as I'm not a fan of heights :shock:

I'm not afraid of heights........but unfortunately I am afraid of widths.

Guest Richzx6r

Harley's

Harley's

Any old shit will do Rich!

No.....of course it's not the budget parts bin special!

That POS will probably outlast every other bike on this forum.......because Stroms are like turds that you can't flush!

The breakdown is one of those fashionable high price Euro bikes (KTM 690) owned by a Dutch mate of mine!

IMG_20200709_102926.jpg

It failed the ITV (MOT) at the testing station just down the road.....then it wouldn't start. So he pushed it here hoping I had jump leads! Which I didn't!

He's now off to push it down the hill to a car garage that he uses and see if they can do something.

I'd just phone the Recovery Service included in my insurance and get it dropped off at Juan Cortes bike shop! But what do I know?

It's true what they say......buy Jap or get f*cked up the ass! Except in the case of Chinese bikes where you get disembowelled!

yes i had heard that KTM's are ok when they are running but when it comes service time or in need of parts dig deep

Harley's

Any old shit will do Rich!

He's not wrong, one at in-laws old place often had a washing machine on the ramp

He's not wrong, one at in-laws old place often had a washing machine on the ramp

You see the most bizarre things here! :lol:

Yes, but it works, mostly.

Absolutely......it's a very different outlook on life here than in Britain.

People can be happy in their lives without much in the way of material possessions. There's not the jealousy and envy that you tend to find in Britain.

If you've got something nice.....they're pleased for you. They're not thinking "How can he afford that"......or "Who did he rip off to get the money for that".

You see the most bizarre things here! :lol:

People can be happy in their lives without much in the way of material possessions. There's not the jealousy and envy that you tend to find in Britain.

If you've got something nice.....they're pleased for you. They're not thinking "How can he afford that"......or "Who did he rip off to get the money for that".

Over here they would be thinking, when his back is turned i'm having that :evil:

Over here they would be thinking, when his back is turned i'm having that :evil:

With your bike collection that's the least of your worries dynax!