My old 2001 Rieju 50rr

JanR

Soo... the problem is that my Rieju 50rr is classified as a moped and in european standards it should go 45km/h (AM licence) but it goes 60 in forth gear and it has a fifth gear so it goes around 70-80 km/h. So i need your help how do i make it go slower because the teeth on the sprokets are factory and the gears in the bike too.. so what should i do? Next year (2021 of april) im turning 16 and i will get my A licence so should i wait till next year and register it then or should i do some changes to it now?

Jan

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

I see you arent from UK, so I cant speak about what the bike laws are like for your country. If it was here in England I would say don't worry about it and make sure you dont get caught speeding :lol:

The powers that be really messed things up when they classed certain types of bike as mopeds, in the historic sense a moped was originally one of these :lol: :thumb:

P1020695.thumb.JPG.1be9baafe6bf6c1c8c2b2209e21208f0.JPG

[mention]dynax[/mention] Has it spot on.

Originally one of the key factors defining a moped was the ability to be propelled by the pedals without the engine.

These pedals became largely decorative and in practical terms totally useless.

Our government then added to the definition with a restriction to 30 mph.

Cheers

Ian

@dynax Has it spot on.

Originally one of the key factors defining a moped was the ability to be propelled by the pedals without the engine.

These pedals became largely decorative and in practical terms totally useless.

Our government then added to the definition with a restriction to 30 mph.

Cheers

Ian

Restricted to 28mph (45kph)

Quote from CN insurance.

Now, a moped is legally defined as any low-powered motorcycle with an engine capacity no greater than 50cc, and a max speed of 28mph. They can legally be ridden on the road with L-plates once you have passed CBT training, rather than needing a full motorcycle license.

Not all mopeds are scooters, but the most common type of moped you will see on the road nowadays is likely to be a scooter. However, that certainly doesn’t mean that all scooters are mopeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Im kinda sad the man who i gave my sprocets to doesent have a machine to make my front sprocket but the rear he does now can enyone help me what speed will i get if if a 13 48 @ 3250 rpm it goes 60 kmh how fast will it go with a 13 60 at the same rpm?