What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Just got on the ship today in Liverpool, now I have to be isolated in the cabin next 14 days. Just finished isolation after iron trip, now again. Good thing I got penthouse cabin :P

The ship is sailing while you're in the cabin though?

No not yet, no cruising, all cancelled so far till October, but Monday we should depart from Liverpool to Belfast and stay there until further notice.

We are what they call skeleton crew, minimum people on board (90 something people) just to keep her warm and ready. :angel12:

Just got on the ship today in Liverpool, now I have to be isolated in the cabin next 14 days. Just finished isolation after iron trip, now again. Good thing I got penthouse cabin :P

And yes I am in the cabin next 14 days what ever they do or where ever we go. And payed as well, thank heavens

And yes I am in the cabin next 14 days what ever they do or where ever we go. And payed as well, thank heavens

I think I have seen your ship today. :thumb:

Probably, it’s at Liverpool cruise terminal, Princess Parade, just between tunnels

:shock:

No not yet, no cruising, all cancelled so far till October, but Monday we should depart from Liverpool to Belfast and stay there until further notice.

We are what they call skeleton crew, minimum people on board (90 something people) just to keep her warm and ready. :angel12:

:shock: 90 as a skeleton crew? Ye god's, we only have 23 to do the whole thing normally. Course it's easier to pump 150,000 odd tonnes of oil than look after a couple of thousand geriatrics so I guess a goodly percentage of your crew is cabin crew.

Probably, it’s at Liverpool cruise terminal, Princess Parade, just between tunnels

Ah, my folks live on the seafront just up from there so we keep the shipping movement online. I'll ask them to give you a wave on the way out. I'll be over that way on Sunday.

:shock: 90 as a skeleton crew? Ye god's, we only have 23 to do the whole thing normally. Course it's easier to pump 150,000 odd tonnes of oil than look after a couple of thousand geriatrics so I guess a goodly percentage of your crew is cabin crew.

oy oy savoloy :twisted: we love cruising (never thought I would be saying that) :twisted: We should have been taking the P&O Iona to the Fjords this summer, sadly not to be. :(

You wouldn’t believe, we are 40 deck and engine now as minimum manning, rest is hotel crew, while in full operation this ship is 460 crew (90 deck and engine) and it is considered a small ship. I did work on vlcc as chief off and I know it is hard to imagine how one vlcc run with 25 people and one small cruise ship need so many people. Even do we have no guest on board but just to keep her running in hot layup this is the minimum. Just our air conditioning system is bigger than many average size ships engines compartments, not to mention everything else.

Maintenance is still as we are in full ops so yes as of now we are struggling with reduced crew :crybaby:

Highlights of the visit to the Garden Centre in Caniles!

Spoiler: There aren't any!

There is some greenery though. :lol:

This afternoon I'm visiting my parents who live on the front overlooking the Mersey estuary - so I can wave at passing cruise ships.

Its busy here today by the docks, lot of walkers, joggers, bicycles, they use the ship as the selfie background. As they wave to me, I wave to them pretending taking selfie with them as my background :up:

This afternoon I'm visiting my parents who live on the front overlooking the Mersey estuary - so I can wave at passing cruise ships.

I'd not class a Mersey ferry as a cruise ship really.😁