Minecraft misery :(

MarkW

Hello peeps

I'm hoping one of you fine and more technically-minded folk can offer some advice on this, because I have two very unhappy boys here. :cry:

They got an Xbox One S for Christmas, and have been happily playing Minecraft together ever since. It has always been a tad glitchy, but a week or so ago it did an update and then stopped working completely: when they load the game disc they get the 'Mojang' logo screen, and then a blank white screen and nothing more. Other games all seem to work fine, so we are assuming it must be something peculiar to Minecraft.

We've been through every trouble-shooting procedure we could find online, short of deleting whatever might be installed on the Xbox and starting again, which would presumably delete everything they'd created over the last six months. Before going down that route we bought a replacement disc to see if that cured the problem, but that hasn't worked either and they still can't get past the white screen.

Can anyone offer a technological idiot any help? :scratch:

Is it possible to revert back to a state before the update like a restore point in windows, i don't have any experience with games consoles so not sure what they can or can't do, you may have to find a minecraft forum or microsoft one, good luck in getting sorted though :thumb:

OK first off I've been drinking for 5hrs

I have consulted my eldest on square world.

Un install and re install, it should recover any world's they have built.

2 make sure it's not been split on 2 hard drives, move to one.

There was a 3Rd but refer to opening statement.

I am willing to Forward phone numbers to my offspring or my best friend who is oblivious to any of this but is currently paid stupid amounts on government contracts but has dabbled in square world.

I am willing to Forward phone numbers to my offspring or my best friend who is oblivious to any of this but is currently paid stupid amounts on government contracts but has dabbled in square world.

Thanks man - you have now achieved God-like status in this house! I've got two very happy boys here, who also thank you. :thumb:

My sole experience with minecraft was planting loads of tnt underneath the garden of the home my daughter built. I connected it to a switch and left her to wonder why it had appeared and what would it do :twisted:

She may develop trust issues :lol:

My sole experience with minecraft was planting loads of tnt underneath the garden of the home my daughter built. I connected it to a switch and left her to wonder why it had appeared and what would it do :twisted:

She may develop trust issues :lol:

This is what I don't understand with my boys: they play together brilliantly and never bully each other. No initiative whatsoever. :lol:

If my brother and I had had Minecraft when we were kids one of us would have been sneaking downstairs first thing in the morning whilst the other was still asleep to dig a huge mine under his house and stuff it full of TNT. :D

Thanks man - you have now achieved God-like status in this house! I've got two very happy boys here, who also thank you. :thumb:

Glad kidiwnks are appeased 👍

tell em its fooked, get em out outside, build a camp , pump tyres up on their pushbikes, make em catapults.

They already do all of that pretty much every day! They have to come in to work with us all week where there's plenty of space to ride their bikes around, open fields to play in and loads of trees to climb. As long as it's not pissing down they are almost always playing outside rather than inside, even though there's an X-box in the tea room that one of our staff brought in for them!

We'll be there again today to sort a few things out, and are having a barbecue for lunch (eldest always tries to light it himself Ray Mears style before I get fed up, tell him that this is the 21st century and fire it up in 10 seconds with a blowtorch). We all love camping (we're off again next month) and fishing, and the next thing we all fancy is a 2-3 day kayak trip down one of the local rivers, wild camping as we go.

My youngest went back to his tennis class yesterday which has just started up again, and I helped my eldest finish the guitar we built for his birthday. Now we just need to make a short video of it to upload to his homework page and that'll be music, art (he designed the headstock logo and burned it in himself with a pyrography pen) and woodwork knocked off all in one!

They both love playing computer games, but they love other things more. As long as it stays that way I'm happy. :thumb:

tell em its fooked, get em out outside, build a camp , pump tyres up on their pushbikes, make em catapults.

They already do all of that pretty much every day! They have to come in to work with us all week where there's plenty of space to ride their bikes around, open fields to play in and loads of trees to climb. As long as it's not pissing down they are almost always playing outside rather than inside, even though there's an X-box in the tea room that one of our staff brought in for them!

We'll be there again today to sort a few things out, and are having a barbecue for lunch (eldest always tries to light it himself Ray Mears style before I get fed up, tell him that this is the 21st century and fire it up in 10 seconds with a blowtorch). We all love camping (we're off again next month) and fishing, and the next thing we all fancy is a 2-3 day kayak trip down one of the local rivers, wild camping as we go.

My youngest went back to his tennis class yesterday which has just started up again, and I helped my eldest finish the guitar we built for his birthday. Now we just need to make a short video of it to upload to his homework page and that'll be music, art (he designed the headstock logo and burned it in himself with a pyrography pen) and woodwork knocked off all in one!

They both love playing computer games, but they love other things more. As long as it stays that way I'm happy. :thumb:

Will you be my dad? Sounds tops!

Will you be my dad? Sounds tops!

Ha! It's not all a bed of roses: you'd have to put up with my guitar playing ("Dad, can you stop that - it sounds rubbish and is really annoying") and my cooking ("Oh God - not this load of Tom Tit again. I'd rather starve").

:D

I think that I and both my kids would swap for you any day!

Aye, well, my old man was a waste of space. The honest truth is that I do not have a single good or happy memory from the 15 years he was around. Not one. For a long time my greatest regret was that he killed himself before I was big enough to beat him to death with my bare hands, which I would have done with a smile on my face. I'm keen that my kids don't remember me that way.

Thanks man - you have now achieved God-like status in this house!

It was only five hours. I can keep it going for five bloody days and still spell words correctly.

It was only five hours. I can keep it going for five bloody days and still spell words correctly.

I am an hour into a supposedly 'fast-paced' three-day training course via Zoom. So far we have covered in some detail how to find information in a book by using the index, and already some people are complaining that it's going too fast. :shock:

I need something (other than this forum) to distract me and keep things entertaining. Perhaps I'll take a drink every time the instructor calls Brexit 'Bregzit'...

Quick update:

First tea break now after nearly two hours, and I think we've finished on 'how to use a book'. One person has just messaged the group to say that it's a lot to take in for people unfamiliar with the regulations. IT'S A F*CKING BOOK - SURELY YOU KNOW HOW THEY WORK?

:mad:

Quick update:

First tea break now after nearly two hours, and I think we've finished on 'how to use a book'. One person has just messaged the group to say that it's a lot to take in for people unfamiliar with the regulations. IT'S A F*CKING BOOK - SURELY YOU KNOW HOW THEY WORK?

Have a laugh at their expense and see if any of them can use an abacus :lol: :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

Quick update:

Send them to a builders merchants for a long weight see how long the wait actually is

What's your point? I probably wouldn't spell it correctly sober.

Sweet f*cking Jesus! Now she's set us the task of finding the definition of three terms using the glossary!

The instructor is very northern, mildly flirty and keeps saying 'erection'. This is like a really shit sex cam.

Guest Richzx6r

Sweet f*cking Jesus! Now she's set us the task of finding the definition of three terms using the glossary!

The instructor is very northern, mildly flirty and keeps saying 'erection'. This is like a really shit sex cam.

Sounds like you are loving it :3some: