What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Adjusted the steering head bearings (turns out you have to take the whole top yoke off to get to the adjuster!?) and went for [strikeout]a ride[/strikeout] some rUgGeD iNdIvIdUaLiSm 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

https://i.imgur.com/Z5hrsXM.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/nY6P6r2.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Mallory pic! That's class!

Sat nav wired in ...im ready to go , see you in about 4 days @XTreme :thumb:

We'll need a Ride Report from you @Six30.

Particularly in light of the fact that Ride Reports from Mods are non existent.......so actually riding a bike wasn't one of the criteria for appointing them obviously!

Admittedly @Stu did go a few hundred yards up the road to car parks a couple of times.

But you couldn't class those pitiful efforts as Ride Reports by any stretch of the imagination.

So you need to make a statement here!

don't you worry , it'll be hardcore report and pics … no dogging car parks or cottageing either.

Sounds like a Pay Per View jobby to me!

I've been doing a bit of polishing on the Strom!

Sweated my nuts off!

You can't polish a turd you know :lol:

Better nick than your sheds Stu!

I was talking from experience you know :P

Planning the full service on the K12, most parts obtained and a few on the way. Oil change and filter, plugs, air filters, final drive oil, new brake pads all round. Also ordered some Barnett clutch plates to replace the standard ones that are feeling like they're on their way out.

Gotta love BMW though. Not only have they positioned the oil filter at the side of the engine so I have to remove the gear change, I have to remove the radiator to access the plugs. Both not big deals but when I refit and refill the radiator the cooling system has to be pressurised before filling with coolant. I don't have a compressor or access to an air line. Brilliant :lol:

Almost getting somewhere with the Nc30 and the various companies involved in drawing out the payout process... It's been assessed, after sitting in a workshop somewhere for a week and a bit and he reckons it'll be a write off due to it being a shit old bike. But they've not informed the underwriter yet who will then get an engineer of some kind to see how bent the frame is before sending it to the crushers.

But anyway, here's a picture from Friday at a 'retro' (pré 2000) trackday. It was dropped off by the collector of track day detritus whilst I was cowering from the rain in the scrutineering shed.

https://i.imgur.com/Igqxj8ol.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Avec fullest full boar exhaust

https://i.imgur.com/Ca1SeP8l.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

It was running exhaust fed/sucked thru air cooling, +18% power over intake drawn. First time he's used that setup he said. Maybe that's why he came off, it was piss wet through. Or maybe he didn't come off and it just conked out. Thunder and lightning and everything.

Gave him a hand push starting it, and it sounded well. He didn't turn round to say cheers though, but that's OK he had work to do for the race weekend, which by the looks of all the caravans and motor homes being queued up at the entrance, is serious business.

Got the sv running. Well my better half did.

Your missus/Mr is a better mechanic than you?

Apparently she doesn't need to be, she just walked right up to it and it started on the button. Something that had alluded me.

Got the sv running. Well my better half did.

Your missus/Mr is a better mechanic than you?

Apparently she doesn't need to be, she just walked right up to it and it started on the button. Something that had alluded me.

She has the power / touch. :thumb:

Almost getting somewhere with the Nc30 and the various companies involved in drawing out the payout process... It's been assessed, after sitting in a workshop somewhere for a week and a bit and he reckons it'll be a write off due to it being a shit old bike. But they've not informed the underwriter yet who will then get an engineer of some kind to see how bent the frame is before sending it to the crushers.

Oo nooo. I've only just read about the NC. That was a cracking bike :crybaby: :crybaby:

Picked up a new chain for Florence earlier which is now fitted as well as new brake cables, the only things left to buy are some pedals and a fuel tap, and the seat which i will probably have to do myself, will post some pics in the other thread later :thumb:

Thanks Tiggie. Not sure really. Front forks/wheels are all bent out of shape. Was fairly low speed (luckily, ive gone faster down the same road). Driver pulled out of a left hand side road as i was filtering traffic to my left. I saw her bumper edge out and was ready to stop but then she turned towards me to join the road (going opposite direction) and essentially cut me off and swiping the bike out from under me.

Right leg is hurting progressively more. May have to go A&E. Can't walk now.