Is this tire-crack a big problem?

potatobroxd

Looks like that tyre has been sitting for a long time and got dehydrated soon it will start delaminating and the rubber will come out of the canvas.

Get new ones!! :thumb:

Hmm..I posted something from my phone but it never showed up.

Do you store the bike outside? Sunlight can wreck tyres very quickly if they are exposed to it for long periods.

Theyre stored outside but i always made sure theyre covered up :crybaby:

Yes, change it or them if both the same.

What make are they.

There are numerous reasons that could have caused the cracks, from poor tyre pressures to natural degradation from light.

That's dissapointing. How many miles on them? Are they Dunlop? Is the other one cracked too?

These are stock ones for the cb125f, its some indian company that i cant remember the name.. it has around 4k miles and i made sure that theyre always plump and happy. Front ones arent cracked.

Im guessing just poor quality tires? Ill just do a few skids and change the rear ones out :booty:

So am I right in assuming that these are the original tyres as fitted by Honda ? Well if you will buy a bike made in India I guess you must expect Indian tyres . Maybe the life expectancy of a 125 rider on Indian roads precludes the need for anything more durable . CBF 125 production has now moved to China by the way .

Those cracks shouldn’t be a problem but 4 years it is a time to get new tyre, even if not used tyres loses some of their flexibility and grip, silica in the tyre get old and tyre become “plastic”.

It's less a case of structural failure, more a case that a tyre looking like that has lost grip, especially in the wet.

There is no knowing the integrity of the tyre but splits and cracks ain't supposed to be there and it's a sign the structure is failing could be breakdown of polymers or could be the structure flexing too much it's not worth running on shit tyres especially when you only have 2