Leaving school

Bianco2564

Guest Swagman

Just watching the news about kids finishing school today and made me think about when I did in 1980.

The kids on the news were having a social distanced party, no such things in 1980, just got egged on the bus.

When did anyone else leave and any memorable events?

Just to make you feel better

A year later I was born :lol:

1997 is when I left and it was eggs and flour thrown all over!

Both my kids are older than you, whipper snapper Stu. :D :D :D

Just watching the news about kids finishing school today and made me think about when I did in 1980.

The kids on the news were having a social distanced party, no such things in 1980, just got egged on the bus.

When did anyone else leave and any memorable events?

I wont ask if they are single then :D

Don't tell the wife I said that :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Lol, just waiting for fastBob and Xtreme to comment and make me feel better :thumb:

1997! I’d been working for 26 years. Bloody youngsters of today. :wink:

They don't know they're born JRH!

I left in 2002 and nothing memorable from what I remember,

I finished my GCSEs in 2003 and it was the same, just finished the final exam and walked away. However, finishing A levels in 2005 did result in a "prom" and they were just about coming into fashion at the time. Obviously, being a crotchety unsociable bloke who hated all of school ever I wasn't best thrilled with the idea but got dragged along.. I think the best bit was getting a hug from Leanne from biology.

Who wants to spend extra time with these people you have been forced to spend so much time with already?? I feel the same about work events now :lol:

I left school on my tod, strange experience, it was after the last exam, collect your stuff when done and adios.

I was a reasonably bright kid who didn't give a stuff about anything academic, I was too lazy for the clever classes when we got filtered at end of 2nd yr I was a bright kid in the thick set, I wafted through school bunking off at every opportunity, never handed back the signed report slip for end of year, I didn't give a stuff and they didn't either, they were too busy trying to help either the best or the worst, in the middle you were invisible.

I walked out the gates for the last time on my own thinking Hmmmmm this is different.

I left in 83 I think, all I done was fook about and had a laugh with my mates … brilliant times . Didn't like lessons , although

English and art was ok and liked P.E... footy and that.

When I left I just partied, got drunk, had fights , few arrests, took any drug that was going and chased the ladies... tell a lie they chased me :D I'd do it all again if I could :thumb:

I left in 98, only my GCSEs. Started working before I left. Still no Alevels but I do now have an honours degree and a post grad Cirtificate and I am either Junior senior management Senior Junior Management dependent upon how you look at these things.

When I left, I just left. I was a weedy kid that got picked on, not the Kick ass dude I am now :-)

Guest Richzx6r

I left in 98, only my GCSEs. Started working before I left. Still no Alevels but I do now have an honours degree and a post grad Cirtificate and I am either Junior senior management Senior Junior Management dependent upon how you look at these things.

When I left, I just left. I was a weedy kid that got picked on, not the Kick ass dude I am now :-)

Not that you can spell certificate :scratch:

Not that you can spell certificate :scratch:

Nope, it wasn’t a part of any of my further learning how to spell SirTificate. :-) I have a comfortable expertise in my field, one that has served me well. However spelling is not my expertise and I am knackered after 5 months of 50+ hour weeks whilst half the country is furloughed so I can keep my domain working and helping people.

I guess we cannot all be all things to all people :-)

Left in 1978

Me & my mates were leaving the day of our last exam, so as these were all different, we arranged to meet for a drink in the field behind the school on the last official day of school.

Obviously shit mates with shit excuses as no fukka turned up.” Except me.

On the bright side a group of girls had the same idea, so I sat with them drinking wine, scotch & Newcastle Brown.

They got flirty & I copped off with one of them ( who I’d fancied for ages ), she only told me she’d got an older boyfriend when she was pulling her knickers up !!

I was slightly gutted, but too happy & pissed to really care.

I left in 83 I think, all I done was fook about and had a laugh with my mates … brilliant times . Didn't like lessons , although

When I left I just partied, got drunk, had fights , few arrests, took any drug that was going and chased the ladies... tell a lie they chased me :D I'd do it all again if I could :thumb:

[mention]Six30[/mention] - are you the real Dr Gonzo? :D

IMG_1772.thumb.JPG.c8c376096e0b4f5027974fdf7e58f97f.JPG

Guest Richzx6r

Left in 1978

Me & my mates were leaving the day of our last exam, so as these were all different, we arranged to meet for a drink in the field behind the school on the last official day of school.

On the bright side a group of girls had the same idea, so I sat with them drinking wine, scotch & Newcastle Brown.

They got flirty & I copped off with one of them ( who I’d fancied for ages ), she only told me she’d got an older boyfriend when she was pulling her knickers up !!

Pics/vids or it didn't happen :roll: :worthless:

Left in 1978

Pics or video, ha ha.

Polaroid or super 8mm film if your lucky.

Guest Richzx6r

Left in 1978

Pics or video, ha ha.

Polaroid or super 8mm film if your lucky.

Well either/or :3some:

@Six30 - are you the real Dr Gonzo? :D

IMG_1772.JPG

never seen that film , i'll have to watch it...

never seen that film , i'll have to watch it...

I love it - makes me laugh every time I see it! From the opening lines you know it's going to be good:

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

:D

Guest Swagman

None are married daughter has a partner the son doesn’t, daughters a biker the sons not.

None are married daughter has a partner the son doesn’t, daughters a biker the sons not.

Sons not my type...... Sorry :lol:

Guest Swagman

Sons not my type...... Sorry :lol:

No don’t think you are his either Stu, and his daughter is too young. :D :D :D

Left planning on going back for A levels. Never returned so never said goodbye to anyone.

And school proms can f**k off. Cost me £500 for the girl’s, at least the lad borrowed his stuff. We used to do end of year discos for the kids - it’d be free and a way to encourage little gits to be decent in classes. Suddenly it changed. Personally, I blame the desperately annoying, shiny faced NQTs. The second it became a fashion parade for the affluent I stopped bothering to volunteer. Twats.