Bike stopped moving in gear. (SOLVED)

Husci

Guest Swagman

Does it spin faster in higher gear at tick over I'd you change up

Only tried it in gear 1 so far. I’ll try going up gears next time. Ordered new plates anyway plus oil and new filter.

Don’t forget gaskets :thumb: :thumb: .

When doing the clutch plates. I will need to disengage the clutch cable. Can this be done by just loosening the nuts on the right of the picture? Or will I need to loosen it at the clutch lever? Thanks In advance

C40C4069-95D6-4ACC-A0D9-C20DAF9B444B.thumb.jpeg.ad3e68168b9ac77e578ffd103b6f2a9c.jpeg

It looks to me you are missing clutch release spring, at least I don’t see it on your photo.

C77D1C32-7B66-4F27-9F2C-97B436E35137.jpeg

No it's not missing anything .

When doing the clutch plates. I will need to disengage the clutch cable. Can this be done by just loosening the nuts on the right of the picture? Or will I need to loosen it at the clutch lever? Thanks In advance

Just undo the nuts and detach the cable . There's no missing spring .

It looks to me you are missing clutch release spring, at least I don’t see it on your photo.

That's not an ER5 .

I was sure it should be there, I had the same on my kawi, pic is of broken one

DB075491-25EE-4371-91D9-B9F8C8CD5BF2.thumb.jpeg.7217ed8a8973ba193aa3f67497b3e502.jpeg

I was sure it should be there, I had the same on my kawi, pic is of broken one

DB075491-25EE-4371-91D9-B9F8C8CD5BF2.jpeg

No , there is no external spring .

Polish_20200719_095126947.thumb.png.a03560d957d80fba9ba5da60f12718bd.png

To me looks like the clutch cable has been overadjusted and is placing pressure on the clutch causing it to slip .

Loosen the cable off at lever adjuster fully

Then wind it back out a few turns (3or4).

Then loosen the nuts on the engine adjuster and undo the nuts allowing the cable to loosen fully .

Once loose begin to retighten the nut to apply tension on the cable constantly checking the clutch lever and you're aiming to have approx 5mm of free play on clutch lever( where you pull it and it doesn't move the cable/ have pressure )

Once you have this tighten the other nut against the bracket and you can fine tune on the cable adjuster

C40C4069-95D6-4ACC-A0D9-C20DAF9B444B.thumb.jpeg.b77b3130f097e8407ac26cd426a1aaa9.jpeg

I’ve just received my plates. There are only friction plates in the box. I’m assuming this is normal and I re use the old steel plates or Should I be ordering a set of new steel plates? Thanks

Yes thats usual practice just check your steel plates are flat oh and soak the new plates in oil for an hour or so before you fit them. Check your springs are within tolerance to and when doing up the spring retaining bolts be careful its only a low torque figure do not snap them.

Clutch plates. Changed to new all sorted!! :D :D :D

Must of been pure coincidence my chain was knackered too or would a failing clutch cause chain issue. Or vice versa ? Anyone know?

Must of been pure coincidence my chain was knackered too or would a failing clutch cause chain issue. Or vice versa ? Anyone know?

You soaked the friction plates in oil right ?

You soaked the friction plates in oil right ?

:thumb: