Getting insurance with upgraded suspension?

bonio

I'm trying to renew the insurance for the Tiger. This time round, though, it's got a new rear shock and resprung stiffer forks. So far, whenever I try to get a quote online, I only have to add the suspension mod and they say no can do, please call us. But this is issue: I'm a miserable old git who I really doesn't like speaking to insurance salesmen on the phone while they ask the same old questions in a tone of voice that suggests it's tedious for them as it is for me. So - anyone know of an insurance provider who'll quote online for a bike with upgraded suspension?

Found my first provider

https://i.imgur.com/ITVscJy.png' alt='IMGUR>'>

Don't think I'll be going for 3rd party.

Won't be going for fully comp either - that comes in at £200 more than without the suspension mod :shock:

I had a similar issue. I did quotes for without mods and phoned the cheapest to see the difference with mods. In the end was cheaper over the phone with mods than online without.

The thing is even though all the details are put in online and they can see that, they still ask all the questions again over the phone. Takes so much time up.

I had a similar issue. I did quotes for without mods and phoned the cheapest to see the difference with mods. In the end was cheaper over the phone with mods than online without.

The thing is even though all the details are put in online and they can see that, they still ask all the questions again over the phone. Takes so much time up.

I initially did Bikesure online & it had menus for mods & gave a reasonable quote. I then phoned on the TMBF number & got an extra tenner off. I read my mods to him. Annoyingly I now have to fill in the paperwork they've sent me which has a section for mods. Plus 4 photographs for the agreed value which cost an extra 40 quid. I guess that's so I don't insure a dog bike for an agreed value of 3k whens really it's worth 200quid.

Still irritating though :scratch:

Dont tell them.

Honestly it never even occurs to me.. I suppose I have Hagons on the K100 and CBX250, and a pair of Konis on the CB250, none of which is declared. Just how fancy (i.e. performance enhancing) is this shock bonio??

I've been using Bikesure for years.

I told them about the ZXR mods at renewal and they weren't phased. Front and rear suspension, gearing, bodywork mods... and a turbo. They just asked if it went faster - I told them no, it just gets to the max speed sooner. :-)

Didn't make a jot of difference to the price.

Dont tell them.

Honestly it never even occurs to me.. I suppose I have Hagons on the K100 and CBX250, and a pair of Konis on the CB250, none of which is declared. Just how fancy (i.e. performance enhancing) is this shock bonio??

The shock? The real shock is the cost to declare it on the insurance :wink:

Ok, seriously...

Sure, I see your point, it doesn't actually add a lot of bhp or increase top speed, but the sad, suspicious part of me imagines the assessor looking the bike over, seeing the undeclared shock, and announcing that the insurance is void. Now that would be a bad shock. But tell me I'm letting my paranoia run away with me, and I'll save £200 and insure it as stock. £200 would keep me in beer for oh, I dunno... a long time :mrgreen:

I'll be that boring grumpy guy.

If you don't declare it, and the insurance company see fit to cancel your cover because of it, you're going to have a mega bad time with every insurance quote for a very long time.

Thanks, boring grumpy guy.

I think you're right.

Got an online quote of £150 from Bikesure but with an excess of £600 - a bit steep. I'll give them a call and see if they can better it.

I'll be that boring grumpy guy.

If you don't declare it, and the insurance company see fit to cancel your cover because of it, you're going to have a mega bad time with every insurance quote for a very long time.

Sensible guy. They won't pay out if they have any reason not to. Like this. They hate paying out..

Mce doesn't charge extra for any mods. Except nos, turbo or super charger. Just FYI. You don't have to mention it at the time of quote or order, just mail them.

Ta matey.

I've not used them for years but I might try them out. What's your excess with them?