RANT: Why is the average biker so aggresive.

potatobroxd

I've noticed this both on youtube and in real life. Yesterday when I was filtering down the road in moderate traffic, I noticed a biker filtering infront of me. The majority of cars gave way for us to filter through, but he/she made sure to give a loud rev and stared at cars that fail to give way straight away which made me slightly embarrassed as people might think im riding with the same dickhead. I feel like cars giving way should be a privilege not a righr.

This is only the most recent experience, i've personally seen tons of bikers flipping cars off or even tap their mirrors - I feel like these acts complete ruins our reputation.

I understand that close calls are scary for us motorcyclists, but i feel like a stare or appropriate gestures are enough, since rather than intentionally hating on the next biker, theyre much more likely to give-way or be more aware of us in the future.

I feel like the aggression should stop and we should not promote acts like revving or mirror slapping, else the motorcyclist community might be the most hated out of the motorist family.

Edited by potatobroxd

nobheads abound in all walks of life :roll:

Revving the engine though is usually done to make car drivers notice you are coming through as smidsy is a real thing :shock:

People are very quick to anger. I think some of it is how you approach the situation. If someone doesn't see me then generally it's not deliberate and I have to think how do I make myself more visible. I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt than get angry at them.

Having said that, when filtering so stones I lightly blip the throttle as a changing sound is more audible to people than a constant one.

People need to look at why they are not seen, things like saccadic masking etc.

Remember old Painkiller and his pair of pliers for cutting the clutch cables of anyone who offended him ? It's high time we had another loony Troll to play with .

Remember old Painkiller and his pair of pliers for cutting the clutch cables of anyone who offended him ? It's high time we had another loony Troll to play with .

Rookie move, real ones go for the brake hose :shock:

Look on the bright side - on the Multistrada forum there's an American guy who keeps a pistol in his tank bag. Now that's the response to a SMIDSY. Trouble is though in the States probably half the car drivers have one too!

Look on the bright side - on the Multistrada forum there's an American guy who keeps a pistol in his tank bag. Now that's the response to a SMIDSY. Trouble is though in the States probably half the car drivers have one too!

On the Harley Davidson Forum there is an entire section devoted to firearms .

:thumb:

Yet on the Triumph Bobber forum, which is hosted in the USA there is virtually no mention of firearms. A lot of the guys have previously owned HDs so it's a similar profile.

I'm not sure that the average motorcyclist is aggressive though. Plenty are of course but in general I find the majority are more intelligent. It takes more skill to ride a motorcycle than drive a car so in most cases I see riders who know that tangling with a motorist is a waste of energy. They lack the ability to understand what they did wrong. Better to simply spot them, avoid them and move on.

Yet on the Triumph Bobber forum, which is hosted in the USA there is virtually no mention of firearms. A lot of the guys have previously owned HDs so it's a similar profile.

I'm not sure that the average motorcyclist is aggressive though. Plenty are of course but in general I find the majority are more intelligent. It takes more skill to ride a motorcycle than drive a car so in most cases I see riders who know that tangling with a motorist is a waste of energy. They lack the ability to understand what they did wrong. Better to simply spot them, avoid them and move on.

Just a taste .

Screenshot_20200719-204615.thumb.png.f3b57148ba51967dc399af69d234f616.png

Just a taste .

cegiphy.gif.c09646415ef4740091a6cea4c440e748.gif

Just a taste .

97ece8f69004497706f389ecdfb84d47--movie-memes-funny-movies.jpg

..... I'm not sure that the average motorcyclist is aggressive though. Plenty are of course but in general I find the majority are more intelligent.....

You may well be correct, but if you go on YouTube and look at all sorts of things "v bikers", you'll see plenty of evidence of aggressive motorcyclists who see themselves as perpetual victims of all these "stupid" drivers.

Perhaps they're just tired of being sold bikes that don't come with a centre stand :cry:

And maybe that they have to replace the steering head bearings on EVERY BIKE THEY'VE EVER OWNED EVER because it's a shit design that needs to be improved somehow :evil:

Guess what my next job is..

Guest Richzx6r

Perhaps they're just tired of being sold bikes that don't come with a centre stand :cry:

And maybe that they have to replace the steering head bearings on EVERY BIKE THEY'VE EVER OWNED EVER because it's a shit design that needs to be improved somehow :evil:

Guess what my next job is..

:scratch: playing with some nuts

Having seen the RNLI lifeboat station at Barmouth blocked by motorcycles I retract my previous comment about it taking more intelligence to ride a motorcycle.

People who do that deserve to have their bike crushed.

Screenshot_20200720-150643.thumb.png.e575febda3f86085343e01451fb165e4.png

Anyone who obstructs lifeboat launching sites, fire engine accesses etc wants effing with a very splintery stick.

I don't see the problem.

Bike = small, appliance = big.

Besides, it would give the firemen something to do other than fit double glazing.