Next bike, which one?

Magpie84

Get the sen a moped :lol: i'm having loads of fun just fiddling with myself , will have even more when i get to ride her in just my underpants. :lol: :thumb:

1686651556_giphy(5).gif.e9cc3d65bb872fe6c12dfd7682f0554c.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I would have preferred a 1000cc version but I haven't found one in my budget and all the gubbins I want like abs. I'm a bit worried about the difference in bhp as my hornet has 100bhp and v-strom has 68bhp

Sadly it looked tidier in the pictures. It has clearly been used as an all weather commuter bike in a previous life and had corrosion on almost every bolt and looked like it had been dropped several times but mechanically sound just asking a bit more than I'd like to pay in it's current condition. Very nice guy with a genuine reason for selling it but even he admitted he didn't know much about bikes and had only had it a year after buying it from a dealer in Exeter. I'll have to see how the tiger goes tomorrow.

Give it a miss I'd say. There's plenty about and you should be able to find something much tidier. How did it feel to sit on?

Good and not too top heavy.

I would have preferred a 1000cc version but I haven't found one in my budget and all the gubbins I want like abs. I'm a bit worried about the difference in bhp as my hornet has 100bhp and v-strom has 68bhp

If you think a Hornet will leave a Strom on twisties, back roads, and real world usage......there's not a hope!

The only way you'll shake a Strom off is on long straight stretches where you can keep it in the sweet spot in the rev range all the time. And you're then into licence losing speeds!

I don't get anywhere any slower on the Strom than I did when I had my Fazer.

Sadly it looked tidier in the pictures. It has clearly been used as an all weather commuter bike in a previous life and had corrosion on almost every bolt and looked like it had been dropped several times but mechanically sound just asking a bit more than I'd like to pay in it's current condition. Very nice guy with a genuine reason for selling it but even he admitted he didn't know much about bikes and had only had it a year after buying it from a dealer in Exeter. I'll have to see how the tiger goes tomorrow.

oh thats a bit of a disappointment :|

If you think a Hornet will leave a Strom on twisties, back roads, and real world usage......there's not a hope!

The only way you'll shake a Strom off is on long straight stretches where you can keep it in the sweet spot in the rev range all the time. And you're then into licence losing speeds!

I don't get anywhere any slower on the Strom than I did when I had my Fazer.

I never said I thought the hornet would leave the strom and as I said in my original post the hornet was my first big bike so I have nothing to compare it to. I have only test ridden a tracer 700 and while it was a nice ride it missed the oomph my hornet has despite the higher cc engine.

Triumph Tiger. Nice bike and being tall you won't have the feet down issues some of us short legged folks have. I found a Tiger too high for me and even my Mutley I can get both feet down but not flat footed.

Nice bike but did the previous owner work for deliveroo with a topbox that large.

Ahahahaha no! But being a mum and that I often take a child with me the large top box was a selling point for me 😁